• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Query about an Aberdeen connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If I bought a Saver to somewhere between Aberdeen and Inverness (e.g. Elgin), and got the GNER HST that is due 1304, that connects with the 1312 departure, if the HST is late will the Scotrail train wait?

And, if it doesn't, as the next train is over 2 hours 10 mins later, the overall delay would be over 2 hours so would the ticket be refundable?

The reason I ask is I'd like to do the lines to experience the Aberdeen-Inverness line, but at around £60 for a Saver I wouldn't be too pleased if I missed the connection as it would then be impossible to do in a day.

Anyone have any experiences of the lines to, and between Aberdeen & Inverness?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I believe it will not, different companies and scotrail would end up being fined by the minute for the delay. And at 7 minutes I believe its classed as a connection.

The ticket would only be fully refundable if you had'nt used it at all.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Bonnie Prince Charlie said:
I believe it will not, different companies and scotrail would end up being fined by the minute for the delay. And at 7 minutes I believe its classed as a connection.

The ticket would only be fully refundable if you had'nt used it at all.
Not quite true, see http://www.gner.co.uk/GNER/AboutGNER/PassengersCharter/Delaysandcancellations.htm

However it appears compensation is only payable if one train is delayed by more than the amounts quoted, and if you miss the connection due to a delay then it's tough luck.

Maybe my interpretation is wrong but if not, I won't risk it and won't make this journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.