• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Query about Yelloway bus service

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian1944

After deregulation there was a fairly short-lived Yelloway service between Bolton and Leeds, possibly numbered 503. Does anyone know the period over which it operated? I used in once to attend the funeral of an ex-colleague at Lawnswood Crematorium and it would be helpful to establish the year.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
After deregulation there was a fairly short-lived Yelloway service between Bolton and Leeds, possibly numbered 503. Does anyone know the period over which it operated? I used in once to attend the funeral of an ex-colleague at Lawnswood Crematorium and it would be helpful to establish the year.

Looks like it was a very early one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141863916@N07/33162463181/ was taken in 1986. There's a couple of comments around that it finished in 1987.

Personally, I only caught them within West Yorkshire on the 556/568.

radamfi

Established Member
The service number was 403, to fit in with GM Buses routes 400, 401 and 402. I got it from Rochdale to Huddersfield at least once because it was particularly cheap for children as it ran non-stop from Rochdale to Huddersfield using the M62 so the GM child fare boundary was Huddersfield.

ian1944

Thanks to both.

I'm guessing 86 that I took it, certainly the only passenger to do the whole journey B to L, on return the only passenger until Heywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.