• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Query re. Balfron

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian1944

Maybe someone knows this - does the basic hourly FSE B10 Glasgow - Balfron run on as the B12 Balfron - Stirling, and vice versa, as suggested by the 2 minute gap in Balfron in each direction? If so, it would make a circular journey which I have in mind not dependent on such a tight connection.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
I am not famillar with the area but circular and long routes are split to make timetables simpler. It is the only bus in Balfon at that time?

Last edited by a moderator:

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
I read somewhere that it did in fact continue onto Stirling after it gets to Balfron, although I'm not entirely sure what service number it changes into.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I read somewhere that it did in fact continue onto Stirling after it gets to Balfron, although I'm not entirely sure what service number it changes into.

Travelled on it last year and it certainly operated as a through service from Stirling to Glasgow. I travelled in the C11 from Stirling instead and then had a break in Balfron.

ian1944

Travelled on it last year and it certainly operated as a through service from Stirling to Glasgow. I travelled in the C11 from Stirling instead and then had a break in Balfron.

Thanks, if it did last year it should still do so. It's certainly a more scenic route between Glasgow and Stirling than the alternative through routes via Cumbernauld or Kirkintilloch.

Status
Not open for further replies.