• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Query reference Oyster Fares when Thameslink Core is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Hi

I've got a query, currently if you want to travel from East Croydon towards St Pancras on Thameslink you pay a cheaper fare (£3.30 at off-peak times) by sticking to Thameslink only. Compared to £4.80 for a 'mixed mode' journey [i.e. East Croydon - Victoria - Kings Cross St Pancras via LU].

Over Christmas/New Year the Thameslink Core is closed with services diverted into London Bridge, my query is does the backend system make adjustments not to charge those passengers travelling to King Cross/St Pancras the extra £1.50 if they tap in at London Bridge LU and tap out at Kings Cross due to the engineering works?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
TfL can program it to do so if the TOC asks. It's what has happened with Underground journeys between Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street for the last 3 years. Sadly I have memories of no such arrangement being put in place the last time the core was shut for lengthy periods.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I was looking as I'm in Croydon midweek during the last week of December and needed to get to Euston for a railtour early morning, and was going to try save money by catching a Thameslink to St Pancras & walking to Euston, so it be a shame any potential travellers will be hit by the "Mixed Mode Premium" :(

Status
Not open for further replies.