• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question about free bus service from Chester train station to the town centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismid259

Hi all,
I have a question about travelling from Broad Green station to Chester town centre. I am travelling tomorrow with a saveaway ticket to Chester and then want to use the free bus service from outside Chester station to the town centre but I'm not sure whether I can use the bus service with a saveaway ticket.

Can anyone enlighten me on this please?

Thanks.

Also, I'm sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Polarbear

Established Member
Hi

In theory, you have to have a valid rail ticket to use the bus. However, now that Chester has a barrier, tickets are often retained by the barriers/staff before you get to the bus! The bus company is aware of this.

In practice, you can just jump on to the bus outside the station entrance, (it's the one operated by First - ususally an Optaire Solo). No one asks for your ticket & although "non rail customers" are supposed to pay a 50p fare, I've not seen this charged for a long time.

Enjoy your trip to Chester.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.