• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question about sleeper accommodation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlesden

I confess my experience of sleepers is absolute zero, but on exploring the NR and ScotRail websites, I cannot see any option for a married couple to share a 2-berth cabin. Is this really not possible?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Surely as a default if you're booking two tickets it tries to put you in the same cabin, much as if you book four it'll put you in adjacent (though not always interconnecting) cabins?

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
I confess my experience of sleepers is absolute zero, but on exploring the NR and ScotRail websites, I cannot see any option for a married couple to share a 2-berth cabin. Is this really not possible?

The Scotrail site could be better. Here's a dummy booking for 1st April:

I have to book by phone because I share with my young son - the telephone booking staff are very helpful (and seem to be based in this country).

EDIT: What I found confusing is that even when you go the the Caley Sleeper page, the booking engine is a general purpose one and you have to specify the correct journey times to find the sleeper or it will just show you the normal services. Surely they could filter out the others?

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 52
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 60
  • step3.jpg
    step3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 52
  • step4.jpg
    step4.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 55
  • step5.jpg
    step5.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Shimbleshanks

In the highly unlikely of enticing my Other Half onto a sleeper train to Scotland, I think she'd demand to be in a separate berth. Apparently my snoring has to be heard to be believed. (Though it's never bothered me...)

Welshman

Established Member
What an appropriate username to be discussing the sleepers! :D

Reminded me of T.S.Eliot's "Skimbleshanks - The Railway Cat" patrolling the night sleepers to make sure there was nothing amiss.

Requeststop

Segregation on the Night Riviera. My given name begins with an S. Travelling Padd- St.Erth a while back I presented myself to the attendant and he looked on the list and said "oh". I was moved to a first class cabin. The list had me as Mrs XXXXXXXXX rather than Mr S. XXXXXXXXX. I had been booked to share with another woman.

6Gman

Established Member
Segregation on the Night Riviera. My given name begins with an S. Travelling Padd- St.Erth a while back I presented myself to the attendant and he looked on the list and said "oh". I was moved to a first class cabin. The list had me as Mrs XXXXXXXXX rather than Mr S. XXXXXXXXX. I had been booked to share with another woman.

It could have been the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

:D

cjp

segregation on the night riviera. My given name begins with an s. Travelling padd- st.erth a while back i presented myself to the attendant and he looked on the list and said "oh". I was moved to a first class cabin. The list had me as mrs xxxxxxxxx rather than mr s. Xxxxxxxxx. I had been booked to share with another woman.

Freudian slip??:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.