• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question regarding East Coast's points scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil35

I have loyaly enough points to be eligible for a return journey on the East Coast network. Now, I want to make use of this to visit a friend in London (I live in Leeds). I want to be able to see on what days there is availablilty for me to use these free tickets, and then me to relay this to my friend to see which works best for him. But he might not be able to give me an answer straight away, what with work and any other various commitments he may have. So my question is, if I try to redeem the free return ticket now to see the availability, will I have to purchase the ticket at the same time? Because this isn't an option for me. I'm worried that if I don't purchase it straight away I will lost the free tickets!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
No, you redeem the points for the ticket and then have six months after that to book the actual journey.

No, you redeem the points for the ticket and then have six months after that to book the actual journey.

Got enough reward points for an trip on the East Coast.

Once you get your e-voucher, does it make any difference if you book further ahead ?

Generally speaking, which EC trains have seats for those redeeming rewards and which don't ?

Failed Unit

Established Member
Avoid the rush hours, although i understand even the Flying Scotsman has them. Never had an issue 2 months ahead, but have notice 1700 ex-kx missing from the options

phil35

Thanks for the quick response guys, just redeemed my ticket now. Although I have just seen the relevant info in the T&Cs now. Oops!

philjo

Established Member
I recall reading somewhere (possibly an email from EC or on their webforum sessions) that EC were planning to change the system so you could see availability before redeeming the points and that it would also be possible to book them as single tickets. Can't remember when this was supposed to happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.