• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question regarding 'remaining attentive during a period of prolonged inactivity'

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmadokun@yaho

Please, can someone help me with the question below;

Detailed your experience in remaining attentive during a period of prolonged inactivity?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
Translation :

When did you need to concentrate for a long time ?

Undiscovered

When you're blatting down the motorway, 70mph, long boring stretch with no junctions for ages, little traffic, at two in the morning, knackered from a long day at work, how do you avoid stuffing your car in the barriers?

Take regular breaks? Play mental word games? AirCon? Radio?

UpRoad

The motorway/driving a car one is pretty much used all the time. I personally think it’s one you should only use if that’s all you have.
The example I used years back was using a computer.
A role I had at one point in a job, was to stare at lines of code constantly checking for errors. I got asked a few deeper questions in the DMI and could tell the interviewer was quiet engaged.
I felt I stood out from the usual driving responses.

You may want to Look at non technical skills to guide you.
Think prepare for the task, break it down into smaller chunks eg 30 minute blocks, track progress to look for signs of fatigue and take action if required

Status
Not open for further replies.