• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Quiet -ish trains on Saturday and Sunday Derby to Burton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comstock

Hi. I want to travel from Derby to Burton on the 19th of Jan (a Saturday morning) and return home on the Sunday evening.

A very simple journey, but the catch is I'll have a bicycle in tow. So as not to be a total pain in the ass to fellow passengers I'd like to choose a quieter train (ie not full and standing). How early would I need to travel on the Saturday, and at what time on a Sunday would the route start to fall quiet?

Obviously I can't foresee any possible disruption on the day, but avoiding any really busy times might help, and I've not always been very good at this in the past.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mugby

Established Member
You'll be lucky on a Saturday morning! The local services from Nottingham get very busy with shoppers going to Brum and football fans going to away matches etc. The NE/SW services operated by Voyagers, well the less said about them, the better!

Your best bet would probably be one of the HST operated services, 1V52 or 1V44, put you bike in the luggage van.

Status
Not open for further replies.