• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail data experts wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

alistairlees

Established Member
This post has been made with the permission of the forum moderation team
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rail data experts wanted
Full time and part time roles available - flexible working hours and locations - excellent salaries - no technical experience required

Assertis provides online journey planning and ticket retailing for train operators and retailers, with over 250k journeys planned every day, and over £100m tickets sold every year. We are expanding fast, with new clients onboarding with us through the second half of 2022, and more to come. We are an established team of like-minded tech, data and domain experts - and we’d love to have more experts join us.

We are looking for rail data experts to help us develop and provide quality assurance for our products - especially Odyssey, our journey planning and fares engine. You don’t need to be a technical expert at all (we are not looking for programmers in this advert*), but you do need to have a deep understanding of, delight in, and possibly even love of rail data. By ‘rail data’ we mean fares, schedules, and routeing guide data especially - and all the arcane business rules that go with these. And, if you have knowledge of reservations, barcodes and real-world rail operations (so you can instinctively think of what might be a good test, what results to expect, or how to manipulate the data), then that’s even better! We’ve got lots of new innovations in the pipeline too - our goal is to go well beyond what’s offered today, and to delight customers and transform rail retailing.

We have full time and part time vacancies, and are flexible in our working hours - so you can be too. If you already have another role in the rail industry, and are interested in a part time role, then we can flex around that. We pay well, provide a great environment, and look after our people (we kept everyone on full salaries all the way through the pandemic), and are rewarded with a loyal and long-standing team with an average of over 6 years in the company.

We offer a collaborative, challenging and rewarding team environment, with regular get togethers (including summer parties in both the UK and Poland), trips out on the network, discounted rail travel and the opportunity for you to shape our direction and make a real difference to people’s lives.

Interested? Please DM me and I’d be happy to do a call, introduce you to team members, or meet up.

*though if you are a programmer and are interested then we are looking for node.js and Typescript especially - do get in touch!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sounds like a great opportunity which I expect some regular posters in this section may be interested in.

Intercity Guy

This post has been made with the permission of the forum moderation team
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rail data experts wanted
Full time and part time roles available - flexible working hours and locations - excellent salaries - no technical experience required

Assertis provides online journey planning and ticket retailing for train operators and retailers, with over 250k journeys planned every day, and over £100m tickets sold every year. We are expanding fast, with new clients onboarding with us through the second half of 2022, and more to come. We are an established team of like-minded tech, data and domain experts - and we’d love to have more experts join us.

We are looking for rail data experts to help us develop and provide quality assurance for our products - especially Odyssey, our journey planning and fares engine. You don’t need to be a technical expert at all (we are not looking for programmers in this advert*), but you do need to have a deep understanding of, delight in, and possibly even love of rail data. By ‘rail data’ we mean fares, schedules, and routeing guide data especially - and all the arcane business rules that go with these. And, if you have knowledge of reservations, barcodes and real-world rail operations (so you can instinctively think of what might be a good test, what results to expect, or how to manipulate the data), then that’s even better! We’ve got lots of new innovations in the pipeline too - our goal is to go well beyond what’s offered today, and to delight customers and transform rail retailing.

We have full time and part time vacancies, and are flexible in our working hours - so you can be too. If you already have another role in the rail industry, and are interested in a part time role, then we can flex around that. We pay well, provide a great environment, and look after our people (we kept everyone on full salaries all the way through the pandemic), and are rewarded with a loyal and long-standing team with an average of over 6 years in the company.

We offer a collaborative, challenging and rewarding team environment, with regular get togethers (including summer parties in both the UK and Poland), trips out on the network, discounted rail travel and the opportunity for you to shape our direction and make a real difference to people’s lives.

Interested? Please DM me and I’d be happy to do a call, introduce you to team members, or meet up.

*though if you are a programmer and are interested then we are looking for node.js and Typescript especially - do get in touch!

Hi

This looks like something that may interest me.

How do I DM you to find out more?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
New Members (generally members with fewer than 5 posts) cannot initiate conversation messages, however if you reply here I can activate this facility for you. I've done that now for @Intercity Guy

alistairlees

Established Member
Giving this a gentle nudge...

Thank you to all who have responded / applied so far. We've had many interesting conversations and always look forward to more. We have two posts to fill and we hope to make decisions within a week so, if you are interested, get in touch as soon as possible.

Even if you are unable to move jobs now we'd be interested in talking to you - it's very likely we will be recruiting in this area again.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.