• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Europe Seat Reservations

FlyingPotato

I've got a global interrail pass

I was wondering if I could book TGV seats through rail Europe and If it would be cheaper/ bring benefits/ be accepted

I mean only seats for confirmation

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rvdborgt

Rail Europe is currently the best online method to book TGV reservations for Interrail/Eurail. There's no extra booking fee (yet...), and you can indicate your seat preferences. No seat map though. You can only book on the desktop website, not on their app or their mobile website (you can usually make your mobile browser show the desktop website). You can show the reservations in the Rail Europe app and also cancel them from there. You can even get a printed version from an SNCF ticket machine if you enter your booking reference there.

It can't (yet?) book upgrade reservations, i.e. 1st class reservations when you have a 2nd class pass. The B-Europe website can do that but it has a €4 booking fee per order.

nwales58

Lack of map appears to be a commercial SNCF decision, Rail Europe allows selection from map for Trenitalia Frecce for Interrail reservations.

FlyingPotato

Do you get a map for the Berlin Warsaw trains

The ones that need a compulsory reservation

Rail Europe is currently the best online method to book TGV reservations for Interrail/Eurail. There's no extra booking fee (yet...), and you can indicate your seat preferences. No seat map though. You can only book on the desktop website, not on their app or their mobile website (you can usually make your mobile browser show the desktop website). You can show the reservations in the Rail Europe app and also cancel them from there. You can even get a printed version from an SNCF ticket machine if you enter your booking reference there.

It can't (yet?) book upgrade reservations, i.e. 1st class reservations when you have a 2nd class pass. The B-Europe website can do that but it has a €4 booking fee per order.
If was traveling with a group of 3, and we wanted a bay of 4 by a window, what would be best to select

nwales58

The ones that need a compulsory reservation
I thought those could only be bought at a station in Germany. Has that changed?

Which is a pain with DB reliability meaning you're not sure you'll make a connection until you get to Berlin.

rvdborgt

Raul Europe can't book pass reservations for that train. Can theoretically be booked at many ticket offices in Central Europe. In practice only via PKP and DB (also DB ticket machine), the latter only if the PKP reservation system is behaving.
If was traveling with a group of 3, and we wanted a bay of 4 by a window, what would be best to select
Table seats.

rvdborgt

I'm doing Warsaw Berlin actually

Can I just do it through interrail then
Sometimes that works, but you then pay an extra €2 booking fee and €9 postage fee for a €4 reservation that has to be sent via snailmail.
If you visit Germany first, you can book there. Or call DB and pick it up from a DB ticket machine.
You can also book a PLN 1 reservation to Rzepin online via PKP. That's not enough but the staff don't really seem to care.