• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail journey affected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I will be traveling to Lymington Pier tommorow and just wondering will my journey be affected by the poor weather conditions?

I will board the 09:36am SouthEastern service from Grove Park station and will alight at Waterloo East from there I will travel the main Waterloo station and board a South-West Trains 10:XX service to Lmington Pier.

Any infomation will be be apreciated very much.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thefab444

Established Member
Your journey may be affected by a lack of through trains from Waterloo to Lymington Pier.

There's no 09:36 from Grove Park; I presume you mean the 09:32 which arrives at Waterloo East at 09:54. You can then get the 10:05 from Waterloo (platform 8 booked) to Brockenhurst arrival at 11:41. The next Lymington service will leave at 11:59, returning back to Brockenhurst at 12:24.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Your journey may be affected by a lack of through trains from Waterloo to Lymington Pier.

There's no 09:36 from Grove Park; I presume you mean the 09:32 which arrives at Waterloo East at 09:54. You can then get the 10:05 from Waterloo (platform 8 booked) to Brockenhurst arrival at 11:41. The next Lymington service will leave at 11:59, returning back to Brockenhurst at 12:24.

Thanks CeliaDrummond the info is very much appriciated :)

thefab444

Established Member
Should be 1497 tommorow.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh dear, you have no luck sir!

Did you manage to get a bash in the end (I think the branch reopened from 1229?)

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I got BR Blue & Grey 1497 and it was bloody brilliant even got to cab the unit!

On the SE service on the way back from Waterloo East was the worst missed three trains due to them being over crowded and delayed or cancelled due to the weather so I went back into Charing Cross where the train was empty and had to go via Mottingham and walk the rest!

Even the 09:32 was cancelled so I had to go by bus to lewisham and get the DLR and tube to waterloo and it took ages!

thefab444

Established Member
Just as well you were delayed on the way down really, the entire morning service was caped due to a Slammer failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.