• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Replacement Buses / Luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

plugwash

Established Member
In my experiance most "rail replacement bus" services are run with coaches that have plenty of luggage space underneath.

causton

Established Member
Even if run using a conventional bus I doubt at 4am it would be full and standing so plenty of room for luggage! (I expect it to run using a coach though)

TPE say themselves:
TPE said:
Rail Replacement services

The location of replacement coach pick up points are shown on the Onward Travel Information poster displayed at most stations or online here.
Where rail replacement coaches are in operation, heavy luggage, bicycles, prams etc and animals (other than registered assistance dogs) cannot be conveyed.
If you think you may have difficulty boarding our replacement coach services please contact our assisted travel team on 0800 107 2149.

However this is mostly a backside-covering exercise, as I have been involved in many RRB operations (not for TPE, mind) where they take bicycles whilst saying they will not and luggage has never been an issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.