• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Staff Travel website not working?

Somewhere

Out of interest, I see RDG have offered Network Rail the Priv with this weird limitation - does anyone know the reason why it's online only? I understand the discussion around the differences between the TOCs and NR and everything, but if RDG agrees to the idea that NR staff could have access, it just seems a bit petty to put extra restrictions on.
I wonder if its because NWR only get a priv discount with certain TOCs, and its to prevent ticket office or on train staff just issuing them to wherever

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I wonder if its because NWR only get a priv discount with certain TOCs, and its to prevent ticket office or on train staff just issuing them to wherever
From experience, the website will happily offer reduced rate fares for TOCs that NR staff are prohibited from using. I always cross reference the relevant priv restrictions before booking now.

harry2919

Anyone experience problems using rail staff travel website to purchase priv tickets? I cannot even open the website today. If so it's not the first time it has happened. It's really annoying...

harz99

Anyone experience problems using rail staff travel website to purchase priv tickets? I cannot even open the website today. If so it's not the first time it has happened. It's really annoying...
Not sure if it's related, but I couldn't access Realtime trains site last night either, kept showing error 504.

The Puddock

It’s not loading for me today either.

It’s an appallingly bad website.