• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Travel Voucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelle

I recently recieved a £15.85 rail travel voucher from East Coast as compensation for a delayed train.

I live in Bathgate and want to make a journey from Edinburgh to Newcastle with East Coast as their services do not reach my town. Could I redeem my voucher from my local station, or would I be told that I have to go into Edinburgh to do it that way?

Note that I do not want to make this purchase from Bathgate, make a change at Edinburgh and then get the East Coast train to Newcastle as I want to take a leisurely trip into Edinburgh before I catch the train down South.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If it is a generic Rail Travel Voucher you can redeem it at any staffed station. Possibly also on the train if unstaffed, but I'm not sure about that.

Neil

uberslacker

Can be redeemed at any ticket office for the purchase of a ticket. You can also use them on a train with conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.