• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcard on Railcard App Disappeared

Bradford1

Hi. I Bought a digital railcard in December last year, been using it ever since.

But today, unknown to me, my railcard on the railcard app had vanished and it was only showing expired railcards from previous years.

All I had to show at the barriers was expired railcards, they were not impressed and was given a Travel Incident Report

Has anyone else had this issue on the official railcard app?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Established Member
Hi. I Bought a digital railcard in December last year, been using it ever since.

But today, unknown to me, my railcard on the railcard app had vanished and it was only showing expired railcards from previous years.

All I had to show at the barriers was expired railcards, they were not impressed and was given a Travel Incident Report

Can't help with your specific tech issue - but if you were given a TIR you will almost certainly need to be able to show you had a valid Railcard to the train company under the 'forgotten Railcard policy' that allows you one grace occasion per year to show it later if you did not have it with you (which is effectively the situation you are in) to show when requested.

Hopefully you can establish what has happened to your digital version.

methecooldude

Assuming this is on the offical Railcard app and not Trainline etc, you should be able to login at railcard.co.uk (Manage my Railcard at the top if on PC) and get the expiry date, and also a new Download code for your app

island

Veteran Member
The advice we give will depend a lot on whether you are able to provide (to the train company) verifiable evidence that you held the correct Railcard on the date of the alleged offence.

Are you?