• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcard site not allowing renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUC

Established Member
Several times over the last few weeks my wife has attempted to renew her Disabled Persons Railcard online without success. Whether she uses the link within the renewal email, or logs on the railcard website, she gets the message below.

This, whilst not being very comprehendible, appears to suggest it is looking for age verification in the relation to a Family Railcard.

Whilst she could create a new account from scratch, this would mean having to go through the process of supplying evidence of eligibility etc. all over again. Does anyone know what the error relates to and how to resolve it?

Attachments

• IMG_7066.jpeg
    IMG_7066.jpeg
    393.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wallsendmag

Established Member
It's not an age verification problem. Its a product recognition problem, it seems to think you're renewing a Family Railcard and is saying you don't have one currently so age verification is necessary.

TUC

Established Member
It's not an age verification problem. Its a product recognition problem, it seems to think you're renewing a Family Railcard and is saying you don't have one currently so age verification is necessary.
The odd thing is, from the text further down the page, the system clearly knows it's a Disabled Persons Railcard renewal.

AdamWW

Established Member

But I don't think there is any age verification required for a family railcard.

It's applied for in the name of one or two adults and I don't think they have to prove that they're over 16.

Buying child tickets with a family railcard is no different to buying them without - the only "age verification" comes when the tickets are checked during travel.

gray1404

Established Member
Can she try and renew it on over the phone instead or is she needing to do it online as using Tesco vouchers?

TUC

Established Member
Can she try and renew it on over the phone instead or is she needing to do it online as using Tesco vouchers?
That's a good thought. I had assumed that a railcard bought online had to be renewed online, but perhaps not?

Solved it via the phone tonight. Thanks for your suggestio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.