• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railmiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southernrover

Hi there,
Is anyone else experiencing problems renewing their subscription with Railmiles?
My sub expired and I cannot find any renew options on the website.
I used the contact option to try and get advice from them but their "support ticket" system seems to be permanently down.

Seems strange that they don't want to make it easy for people to renew?
There was no problem when Tom Cairns was running things.
It's very frustrating as I have two years worth of mileage in their system that I can't get at.<(

Rick

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Evening. I brought this to the attention of the sites owner (TC); he's asked if you could email him at tom(at)swlines.co.uk, and he'll look at resolving this for you.

Southernrover

Yes I emailed him recently too.
I understand that he is not as involved as he used to be but swlines don't seem to be able or willing to respond to contact.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Evening. I brought this to the attention of the sites owner (TC); he's asked if you could email him at tom(at)swlines.co.uk, and he'll look at resolving this for you.

Ok thanks for that I'll give it a go.

Lrd

Established Member
I understand that he is not as involved as he used to be but swlines don't seem to be able or willing to respond to contact.
Swlines is Tom Cairns. I'm guessing he's just busy with RTT and uni.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Huh, I'll have to re-email him then as I didn't get a reply to my last one. I need access to my RM too, well once it's renewed at least! Only been waiting for a reply for 5 weeks...

gswindale

Same issue here as well :(

When I first set it up everything was very easy & quick, but times seem to have changed.

I seem to recall seeing something about a new version being in progress; is it possible that this is causing problems with renewals?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I've got mine up and running again, e-mail him on the following address:

tom AT swlines.co.uk

I did that after contacting him via Twitter, got it sorted pretty quick :)

gswindale

No joy here I'm afraid.

Emailed both the sales & Tom's direct email addresses and have tried sending him a PM.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
If you're on Twitter, try that way. Not sure why no-one's got back to you though, I know he's a busy chap these days but still...

motherwell334

Ive been trying to renew my railmiles subscription since JANUARY this year! I have sent Tom numerous emails and tried contacting him via Facebook&Twitter to try and renew but have had no joy

westcoaster

Established Member
I tried to renew back in December and am still awaiting a reply lol. I decided after trying to contact him a few more times to give up, spent my money else where.

TheEdge

Established Member
I tried to buy it, never got a reply so just wrote a simple Excel table to do it.

While using the control panel to select the correct headcodes for a few journeys, I noticed the 'News' section hasn't been updated since 7th June 2013. In this post, it states Railmiles version 4 should be released around late September 2013.

I understand TC's efforts have (quite understanably) been focused towards RTT, but it apears RM has been forgotten about, which is a shame, because I'd love to continue supporting his work.

Tom

While using the control panel to select the correct headcodes for a few journeys, I noticed the 'News' section hasn't been updated since 7th June 2013. In this post, it states Railmiles version 4 should be released around late September 2013.
That slipped quite considerably with the launch of RTT v2 and a lack of certain features that I could carry over. The most important one is the ability to filter journeys more than a day ago (try doing a Waterloo - Basingstoke from Saturday or something, and you'll see what I mean).

I understand TC's efforts have (quite understanably) been focused towards RTT, but it apears RM has been forgotten about, which is a shame, because I'd love to continue supporting his work.
RM hasn't been forgotten about, indeed I still work on it on a daily basis, but I do not wish to release something that I consider to be just a new lick of paint with nothing new to show for it, while simultaneously increasing the prices. I take much the same view with RTT with there being several new features in the works but not able to be released yet, as they are not as reliable as I'd like them to be.

For those who have tried to email me, I do apologise. I have a considerable backlog of emails (in the region of around 1000-1500) that I have to go through that have been blocking back since before my university finals in May and I am slowly going through them. There is a possibility that your email went missing and I don't have it as I have had intermittent mail server issues since the beginning of the year.

Last edited:

gswindale

Hope your uni results were what you were hoping for Tom.

Many Thanks for sorting things for me.

HA25322

Have been using railmiles for quite some time now yet I get totally fed up at every timetable change to see that the headcodes are not in. Tweets to Swlines not answered. What are we actually paying for?

Status
Not open for further replies.