• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railugay Resurrection =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Having looked through the previous railugay topic, it seemed that quite a few people talked openly about a topic I find kind of hard to speak about...

However, spamming brought the whole thing down, and because of this, no one is to spam in the thread, and everything has to be constructive and the like - anything else, you know where the chat thread is =D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlexS

Established Member
There are gay people, there are straight people, and there are people who fall in between.

Whether there's any need for a thread to discuss this, I don't know!

Some people talk about it, some don't, and as with most things, there's people who don't feel comfortable with it.

gingerheid

Established Member
Isn't it wonderful that times have changed so much in just a few years that people like me will look at this thread, think "why?", shrug their shoulders and walk on? :)

Ascot

Established Member
You say you want people to treat gays and straights the same, then don't do stupid attention seeking stuff then there will be no difference.

Z12XE

Isn't it wonderful that times have changed so much in just a few years that people like me will look at this thread, think "why?", shrug their shoulders and walk on? :)

True, and given the amount of people who joined the last one, it would probably be quicker to have a Railnonugay group!:p

Darandio

Established Member
I bet they would be the first to complain of someone started a railustraight thread. Bit of a pointless argument to be honest, I, like most of us on here just aren't bothered.

Bayum

Established Member
Why is it none of this happened when the thread was open before???

Ascot, how is this treating anyone any different?? I'm certainly not looking for attention, neither is anyone else afaic, and whether this was even directed at me or not, i really don't know.

Darandio and Great Eastern - what are you both on about?? Afaik, gay people are really the minority in the world, and maybe on the forums too, so, most topics started would be from a straight person... Darandio - exactly who are *they*??

FusionRail

Ascot, how is this treating anyone any different?? I'm certainly not looking for attention, neither is anyone else afaic, and whether this was even directed at me or not, i really don't know.

Darandio and Great Eastern - what are you both on about?? Afaik, gay people are really the minority in the world, and maybe on the forums too, so, most topics started would be from a straight person... Darandio - exactly who are *they*??

Are you gay?

Ascot

Established Member

It did, just some people moaned about the posts

Because any sort of straight thing that happens then the minority always pipes up saying discrimination but we don't have a leg to stand on for example when the Navy gays could go the the parade but the straights couldn't.

Not against gays at all, i'm against the minority moaners though.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Because any sort of straight thing that happens then the minority always pipes up saying discrimination but we don't have a leg to stand on for example when the Navy gays could go the the parade but the straights couldn't.

Not against gays at all, i'm against the minority moaners though.

Yet who's the moaner here? Nobody here has claimed any discrimination as far as I can tell. More whinging and moaning (from anyone) and this thread gets a tidying up.

Beaker

Established Member
I think the point is if we had Rail U Straight their would be uproar. This is just an example. Its like the snickers advert that got banned as some yanks said it was homophobic as it was showing power walking, then the power walkers sued the people who claimed it was homophobic as they didn't like being labelled as 'gay'.

Phoenix

Established Member
For the record Im not gay but gay people are alright they dress alot better and don't **** off women all the time.

Ascot

Established Member
Yet who's the moaner here? Nobody here has claimed any discrimination as far as I can tell. More whinging and moaning (from anyone) and this thread gets a tidying up.

Isn't this a discussion? Quote below explains my point as well

I think the point is if we had Rail U Straight their would be uproar. This is just an example. Its like the snickers advert that got banned as some yanks said it was homophobic as it was showing power walking, then the power walkers sued the people who claimed it was homophobic as they didn't like being labelled as 'gay'.

There always seems to be a domestic when the majority of the class do something but when the other people decide to do dedicated things then it's allowed as it's discrimination if we say anything. It's not having a go but it's explaining why people do or think things.

Gizmogle

Established Member
For the record Im not gay but gay people are alright they dress alot better and don't **** off women all the time.

That's a very stereotypical view you have there...

There's many, many gay people that dress awfully, and annoy the **** out of women all the time!

mbonwick

Established Member
*Walks in*

Yeah, whatever floats your boat. So long as it doesn't involve me

*Walks out again*

Guinness

Established Member
If we had this group we could create many more groups including...

Railustraight
Railubi
Railublack
Railuwhite
Railuasian
Railumiddleeastern
Railuamerican
Railusolent
Railu....

etc. Why can we all just not have one single group called "RailUK Forum Members" like there is now?

Gizmogle

Established Member
You're forgetting Railuasexual, Railupansexual, Railutransgenedered :p

Status
Not open for further replies.