• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Bookshops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredder1

Established Member
Im not sure if we have a thread on this, but being a bit of a collector, maybe I could start the ball rolling.

East Lancs Railway Standard 4 group carriage, always a good collection, also the East Lancs Bolton Street Emporium can often produce some gems, and Dont forget Rogers litle model shop in the Undercroft at Bolton Street, he also has a selection of secondhand railway books.

Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, Ingrow West Museum and bookshop, always worth a visit, an excellent collection of railway secondhand books.

Severn Valley Railway, Kidderminster, museum bookshop for old and new railway books.

Ecclesbourne Valley Railway, Wirksworth, always a good selection of both old and new railway books.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
Rother Valley Railway at Robertsbridge Junction station for second hand books and magazines

nanstallon

Bishops Lydeard and Minehead stations on the West Somerset Railway both have large second hand stocks.

GCRS

Treasure Chest Books in Felixstowe has one of the best transport sections I've seen in any secondhand bookshop.

Ianigsy

Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, Ingrow West Museum and bookshop, always worth a visit, an excellent collection of railway secondhand books.

They’ve got competition now from the Lancashire & Yorkshire folk who’ve opened up a shop at the far end of Oxenhope shed.

AJM580

If in Norwich, worth calling in at City Bookshop on Davey Place (between the Castle & Market Place) Really good transport section.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
A mention for Nick Tozer's well-stocked, if somewhat cluttered, bookshop in Paddock, a mile or two outside of Huddersfield town centre. Also Carnforth bookshop, near to the station, which seems to have refreshed its stock of railway books of recent, compared with a few years ago.

North Norfolk at Weybourne.
Bulleid Society Shop at bluebell (as well as the carriage shop at Horsted Keynes)
Colonel Stephens Railway musuem had a selection (this was many years ago)
RHDR New Romeny - some are in the station, others in the museum upstairs.

Stands

4SUB Association (i am being biased here, but we do have a selection of new and 2nd hand books we take to events etc)
Network south east society (similar to us)

Cambus731

Treasure Chest Books of Felixstowe. I don't think that I've seen so many railway and bus books together in one place.

swanhill41

The East Lancs bookshop,also has a model rail side ,which is what the books side grew..In the early days of its enlargement the pricing was very erratic in the customers favour..Picked up all
3 vols of George Dows Great Central for £3 the lot..Unfortunately dont drive now ,so my knowledge dates back to pre Covid..But based on previous visits would recommend.
The other location is the VCT @ iNGROW...Again as my latest visit was late 2020 can thoroughly recommend this emporium..Plenty of rail books properly priced to sell and the
magazine section..Full of gems ref mags railway socities as well the mainstream stuff.
There are others which I will comment on in the future

Last edited:

Trainguy34

The one I remember is the bookshop at Bognor Regis Station (forgot the name), views of a lovely Station and has (understandably) lots of railway books, mainly second hand I think

Tubeboy

Rail Books in Rye are very good. Quick and helpful service, Mail order only, but they do attend some model railway exhibitions in the South.

Status
Not open for further replies.