• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Herald......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There's clearly been some sort of bust-up between Richard Tuplin and Colin Marsden.

Therailwaycentre.com was - for a few days - back how it used to be before the merger, as is railwayherald.com and there were a few days when the sites were down.

Interestingly, the attempts to convert the Railway Herald into a paid-for magazine have been dropped, probably because it was unworkable. Nice to see it'll remain free :)

Guinness

Established Member
I've received a free copy for the past month and a half without paying. Still confusion over the paying system then. ;)

eos

Railway Herald has never been 'charged' for , and I've had RH for the last 18 months 'FREE'...Why not contribute as well???

eos

Chaz hasn't, and is pleased he gets a subscription for free...

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Agreed with Chaz on this one.

a) He never said he hadn't contributed (although that isn't to say that he has contributed either).
b) Regardless of whether or not Chaz or anybody else has or hasn't contributed, it's free of charge regardless. Just because something is free doesn't mean that you should have to contribute towards it.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There may have been some confusion.

There were plans to charge for it, and I must admit I assumed that had gone ahead for a while (hence why I didn't look for it for a few months!), but in fact it never did go ahead, and it appears the plans have been totally dropped. There's no mention of them now at all.

Since the split, I've noticed quite a few messages around directing people to the RH site and informing people that a new issue is out, I believe this is probably to remind people that it is still free ( :) ), and also to ensure that no-one goes to the railwaycentre.com site instead ;)

Wonder what Colin Marsden will do now!

Coxster

Established Member
There is also a high-quality version available for broadband users.

Simming

He is indeed, hence why Railways illustrated was also known as the sea wall fotter.

CJM is also a ****, and can have abuse thrown at him when spotted in the [forgotten name of] pub in dawlish, where him and GWOT go on many dates

eos

<quote>
Lol. Well i have heard things about GWOT, so...
</unquote>

....Is that the old English custom with shunting poles and a friend thingy....
Can't see why being left handed helps, and where's the Venus Flytrap fit in?

Any one explain how that works then!!...

rmt

eos said:
....Is that the old English custom with shunting poles and a friend thingy....
Can't see why being left handed helps, and where's the Venus Flytrap fit in?

Any one explain how that works then!!...

There was the famous picture on a bridge, I think it was Ryecroft Junction.....

jonb

Established Member
In my opinion RI was always better with more variety (And the pay for phots :P) Whereas RH just seems to be focused around the 'Sea Wall' And theres plenty more things in England than that!

eos

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Whereas RH just seems to be focused around the 'Sea Wall' And theres plenty more things in England than that!<<<<<<<<<<<

Just what are you talking about?... Just checked the last 2 issues, and there is not a mention of 'Devon' except for the South Devon Railway Gala- You are surely not refering to that???

devon_metro

Established Member
Erm, might the TPE 158s in Torquay ring a bell. Last time i cjecked Torbay is in Devon ;)

Otherwise where do i come from :s

Status
Not open for further replies.