• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway property & land for sale in Ireland:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eire Sprinter

Like many countries across the world property and land redundant or not currently required in railway terms is offered for sale (or let) by railway undertakings.

I remember researching one of the lines in the Irish North West two years ago via an online newspaper archive and coming across the ads pertaining to the sale of railway buildings and sleepers on a line that had been closed a few years previously.

In recent times a listing of such property for sale and to let has been posted on CIÉ's website (CIÉ is the parent company of Irish Rail).

In case it may be of interest to any members the CIÉ home page is here and the current listing (a 5-paged PDF file) may be obtained by clicking on the map of Ireland on the top right hand side (I haven't linked directly as the link could become a dead link once the listing is next updated).

If I had the money I'd go for the old station at Monasterevin (p.4) and convert it into a house-cum-B & B! Or on second thoughts perhaps the former railway hotel at Rathdrum which is for sale separately (a Google search for "former railway hotel Rathdrum" will generate the listing).

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.