• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Raiths farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

edwin_m

Veteran Member
There was a train there being unloaded by crane when I passed by in February 2011. It was about the third one ever to use it.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
It replaced - I suspect Guild Street - where there was once a Freightliner terminal - a case of relocation and release of developable land. (near the city centre)

edwin_m

Veteran Member
It replaced - I suspect Guild Street - where there was once a Freightliner terminal - a case of relocation and release of developable land. (near the city centre)

It did. Part of the problem is lack of capacity on the single track between Aberdeen and Dyce, with many trains from the south now extended to/from Inverurie as well as the Inverness trains (which are likely to get more frequent).

Railsigns

Established Member
It did. Part of the problem is lack of capacity on the single track between Aberdeen and Dyce, with many trains from the south now extended to/from Inverurie as well as the Inverness trains (which are likely to get more frequent).

As part of the Raiths Farm project, additional signals were installed to split the single line between Aberdeen and Dyce. The line is proposed for re-doubling now.

Status
Not open for further replies.