• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Random anomaly in the Greater Anglia timetable this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

saenkazak

I noticed a very random anomaly operating in the timetable this week and was wondering if there was any explanation as to why this service ran...

On 19/03/2021 a late night service from Southend Victoria to Liverpool Street was randomly allocated a stop at Seven Kings at 12:34 AM.
The train ended up passing through without stopping as usual according to the real time data, however in the timetable it was pathed to make a stop.

I'm aware that data like this disappears from RTT after a few days, so I've attached screenshots below. The train appears to be a fast service stopping at Southend Airport & Shenfield only, which poses the question as to

1) why it was pathed to stop at Seven Kings and
2) why it didn't stop there in the real time data

1616331424535.png

1616331456315.png

Is there a way to predict anomalies such as this one? I'd love to get some camera shots of GA trains making stops at TfL stations. I'm also aware Seven Kings gets one (sometimes two) regular GA services a day in the early morning but this one is not a regular service, nor have I seen it running on any other day.

There's a link here too:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Any random stops at Seven Kings are usually related to Ilford drivers travelling to / from their home depot in Ilford Car Sheds. Seven Kings is the nearest station. This one does look a bit odd though.

SargeNpton

Established Member
No idea where RTT got that Seven Kings time from. It's not in the train schedule published by Network Rail for 19/3/21, and no mention of it appears in TRUST.

Tom

Train F30707 departing origin on 18th March 2021, calling on 19th, had a stop added at Seven Kings on the timetable update that came in 12th March.

It was not subsequently updated to remove that call. TRUST does reflect this station call in the schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.