• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Re-sitting the driver's assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slipperytrack

Hi Group,

If I have previously passed elements of the driver's assessment and just failed the reactions test, are you required to sit them all again only 6 months after passing them? Or would I just sit the reactions and CBI? The TOC in question is Northern.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel84

Hi

It's my understanding that northern will require you to sit all of the tests again in the one day but the assessment centre won't retest any elements previously tested in the last six months. The rules seem to be slightly different for internal candidates with northern.

slipperytrack

It is just over 6 months now so am able to re-take. On my last assessment a guy was told he didn't have to sit all the tests, just the ones he'd failed. But he was an internal applicant, not sure if the same would apply to an external.

Daniel84

I have been told in the last few weeks that as an external candidate I would be required to complete all of the tests, regardless of previous passes, I believe this is different with internal candidates. Obviously HR would give you a definitive answer, but based on my experience this is my understanding.

Quickthorn

Hi,

I've got an assessment coming up in a few weeks time. Of the tests they'll be running, I've passed all bar one with another (unconnected) TOC within the last 6 months. I'm waiting to find out whether I'll have to re-sit assessments I've already passed, but if I do have to re-sit them all, what would happen if I got a lower score on any of the elements? Would the new, lower score be the one that goes onto the database?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm on hold with one TOC after a DM interview. If I went to this interview and failed one of the tests, and the database was updated to reflect this, could this blow my chances with the TOC I'm on hold with, cost me a "life" and stop me from applying for other jobs for 6 months...?

Beveridges

Established Member
1) First attempt, passed everything, except the failed CBI
2) Second attempt, made to resit the lot

It was done private on the 2nd attempt as well (As soon as the 6 month rule was up, I couldnt wait to get into the Depot Driving grade) so it was the assessment center enforcing me to retake everything.

stargazer

Beveridges - By private, do you mean you paid for, and arranged it yourself? Then applied again with Northern?

(Planning for the future! Like you, I want to work at Neville Hill!)

richie26188

Just applied for a job, been sent an email with a online visual comparison test. Can skills used for this be practised? or is it just basic common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.