• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reading car parking for pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ess

How much does 30 mins cost? NRE says £23.70 per day. thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Its probably part of a grand strategy to encourage car drivers to use the train to get to the station ;).

In reality it will mean car drivers NOT driving to the station but taking their passenger on the whole journey. After all how far can you travel by rail for that money ?.

Its something rather exorbitant at East Croydon. I recall it is for a lot less than 30 minutes as well so no one bothers to pay as they will inevitably overstay any way.

Last edited:

CatfordCat

Last time I went (by car) to Reading station, you could go in to the car park at the SE corner of the station and stay free for a short stay (can't remember if that was 20 or 30 minutes) - signs said you had to get a ticket from one of the machines (to prove what time you parked) and I think you were only allowed to park within one area of the car park.

Obviously there is a chance it has changed since then - this was a few months ago.

Also if you're not used to Reading town centre, be aware that there are frequent changes to the road layout near the station, and that there are a lot of bus / taxi only roads / lanes round there.

Status
Not open for further replies.