• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Real life imitates art: train stops, after initially departing, to let passenger on

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfoxcc

There is an ad on TV at the moment where a chap is running for a train that has just departed.Train stops for him and lets him on

Well today i saw that happen. Train just moving away and guy appears on platform. didn't run after it , stood there in a 'bugger it' mode no hysterics just a shrug of shoulders.
Train then stops and driver waves him on

Excellent and Kudos to the guy. A much better attitude that you get off of PR when you put in a complaint and get the company BS.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pt_mad

Established Member
There is an ad on TV at the moment where a chap is running for a train that has just departed.Train stops for him and lets him on

Well today i saw that happen. Train just moving away and guy appears on platform. didn't run after it , stood there in a 'bugger it' mode no hysterics just a shrug of shoulders.
Train then stops and driver waves him on

Excellent and Kudos to the guy. A much better attitude that you get off of PR when you put in a complaint and get the company BS.

Saw the advert you mean last week but I can't at all remember what it was advertising. Must have failed on me hehe. I think it was showing something which made everything go right for the guy instead of the typical wrong. Can't remember much else about it other than the train stopped and driver waved him on like they were mates.

Probably not the most sensible of ideas to put out though that running for a departing train can sometimes pay off. More likely to be dangerous.

I've seen that happen before at Stourbridge Town.

Someone runs to catch train, misses it, train stops, she gets on, train leaves.

dk1

Veteran Member
Was an everyday occurrence until around 15yrs ago. Started to depart, guard holds 'one in on the buzzer, releases doors to let a latecomer on-board & off we go again.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Was an everyday occurrence until around 15yrs ago. Started to depart, guard holds 'one in on the buzzer, releases doors to let a latecomer on-board & off we go again.

Yep, Merseyrail guards used to do it all the time. They would even let you on through the crew door sometimes.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I've had a train stop after clearing the platform, reverse, & come back for me.

I was in civvies, and out of my area, so can not claim that the "Old Pals Act, 1976" was in force either.

Status
Not open for further replies.