• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Real Time Trains issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd0733

Established Member
Is it just me but on RTT if I put a future date In even just for tomorrow the site just shows a completely random selection of trains!
For example ive got New Street for tomorrow at 12:00 and its showing e.c.s moves to Camden, Portsmouth Harbour, Fratton, Exeter New Yard and Havant, Passenger workings from Windsor & Eton Central and Sheffield and just one departure to Skipton!
Seems a pretty major glitch as its not showing anything that should be there for seemingly any date In the future for any date or station ive tried!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, Realtimetrains appears to be broken at present, with any location I try. I'm sure they'll fix it soon!

In the meantime, other realtime data sites include OpenTrainTimes.

If you want to plan a journey, try FastJP (which also allows filtering by TOC etc)

sd0733

Established Member
Thanks for those

Looks like it was a very short lived problem anyway its working again now.

roversfan2001

Established Member
I had this problem too briefly. Clicking the headcodes in that scenario did lead to the service that should have been displayed instead of that random selection.

louis97

Established Member
Realtime Trains (and Railmiles) suffered a hosting issue this morning. The site is currently running off a server at another location, however this has resulted in some trains being missing from the timetable. Hopefully everything should be back to normal tomorrow, the hosting company are working on it.

embers25

Established Member
Is anyone else still having issues with their mobile site as their website is now working again.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I had doubled up services, for example at Bristol Temple Meads there was an 1848 and an 1857 to Cardiff (the 1857 being the 1848!).

D6975

Established Member
All pretty much working now for me, just the odd glitch every now and then on the maps, like clicking on a service at Barnetby and getting details of a cross city sub service in Brum!

GW43125

Established Member
All pretty much working now for me, just the odd glitch every now and then on the maps, like clicking on a service at Barnetby and getting details of a cross city sub service in Brum!

I've previously had an issue with clicking on an Ascot-Guildford and getting a Glasgow-Neilston

Muzer

Established Member
Yeah, that's what I thought. That'll be OpenTrainTimes's problem if it's showing the wrong trains (incidentally I find that OpenTrainTimes's ability to map headcodes on a map to actual trains to rarely work. I find Railcam to be more reliable for that).

Status
Not open for further replies.