• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rear-facing camera monitor on a NE Levante Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshman

Established Member
I don't normally travel on National Express these days, as there are only 2 routes along the N. Wales coast - one a day to Manchester and one to London.

But I sampled one of Llew Jones's levantes on the NE385 from Manchester recently, and was very impressed with the comfort of the coach.

But why was the feed from the rear-facing camera being played on the monitor at the front of the coach throughout the journey?

I appreciate the need for the camera, but can't the pictures be stored in case of an issue, rather than constantly being played?

Is this normal practice on a Levante, or can it be turned-off?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
It's normal practice to have the forward facing camera on during the journey. This sometimes switches to a view of the door when it is open. This is controlled by one switch on the dash so if you get a grumpy driver then they normally turn it off. The driver has his own monitor for reversing which only comes on when in reverse gear. Someone's mixed the feeds up somewhere.

Last edited:

Welshman

Established Member
It's normal practice to have the forward facing camera on during the journey. This sometimes switches to a view of the door when it is open. This is controlled by one switch on the dash so if you get a grumpy driver then they normally turn it off. The driver has his own monitor for reversing which only comes on when in reverse gear. Someone's mixed the feeds up somewhere.

Ah, right.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.