• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reason for delay to the 2224 Sheffield to Manchester (24/08)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugby

Established Member
When my train was pulling into Sheffield on Saturday night at around 2230, I noticed that many people were waiting for the last Hope Valley stopper which hadn't yet arrived in Pl. 2C.

Inbound service must be late, I thought - and indeed it was, according to RTT, it lost 40 minutes between New Mills Sth. Junction and Chinley Station. Does anyone know the reason?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mugby

Established Member
Thank you. I had intended to get the last Hope Valley service to Manchester but my Northern service from Nottingham was held outside Sheffield Station for seven minutes. When I noticed that the Manchester train hadn't even made it into Sheffield, I thought it may have been cancelled so I continued on to Leeds and changed there for Manc.

Status
Not open for further replies.