• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recommend public transport planning apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can anyone recommend a good phone app for UK bus and rail travel planning?
I sampled a couple last week but got rid of them straight away because I was bombarded with adverts and got no helpful travel information whatsoever.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ls2270

Established Member
Can anyone recommend a good phone app for UK bus and rail travel planning?
I sampled a couple last week but got rid of them straight away because I was bombarded with adverts and got no helpful travel information whatsoever.
I find a combination of Google Maps and either Realtime Trains or bustimes.org as appropriate is easily the best.

keppoch69

On Moderation
I personally use the Traveline Scotland App for my needs. I am not sure if the few which cover only parts of England are any good?

Veteran Member
I personally use the Traveline Scotland App for my needs. I am not sure if the few which cover only parts of England are any good?
I don't know those, only www.traveline.info which covers the whole of GB these days. A bit clunky, but seems accurate.
Bustimes.org is brilliant for timetables and real time, but isn't a planner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.