• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reddish South to Reddish North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
I am planning on collecting the shack of Reddish South today:D:D

Obviously, the train leaves Stockport at 09:22 and arrives at RDS at 09:28. Is 22 minutes enough time to get to Reddish North on foot?

Normally I wouldn't be too bothered if I caught the train or not, but I have a commitment in central Manchester at 10:45 so its really vital that I do catch it!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

unlevel42

Not local but:
According to Google Earth it is just over 1 mile in a straight line over urban roads which look fairly flat.

Appears to be along a busy bus route.
203 - Stockport - Reddish S/N - Belle Vue -Manchester City Centre, Piccadilly Newton St.
Every ten minutes with a journey time of 9 minutes to Reddish N and 24 minutes to Manchester City Centre, Piccadilly/Newton St
Also 84 and 178 to Reddish N.

Established Member
unlevel42:2331719 said:
Not local but:
According to Google Earth it is just over 1 mile in a straight line over urban roads which look fairly flat.

Appears to be along a busy bus route.
203 - Stockport - Reddish S/N - Belle Vue -Manchester City Centre, Piccadilly Newton St.
Every ten minutes with a journey time of 9 minutes to Reddish N and 24 minutes to Manchester City Centre, Piccadilly/Newton St
Also 84 and 178 to Reddish N.
I know about the buses, but I'll be on a Northern rail day ranger. Might just get the bus anyway tbh

Ash Bridge

Established Member
You would make it with a brisk non stop walk with 3/4 mins to spare, there is a pub on route called the Fir Tree, if you pass there for 09:40 you will make the train at RDN at a steady pace.

Established Member
Ash Bridge:2331761 said:
You would make it with a brisk non stop walk with 3/4 mins to spare, there is a pub on route called the Fir Tree, if you pass there for 09:40 you will make the train at RDN at a steady pace.
the train to Reddish South was 11 late, so got the bus back to Stockport

Status
Not open for further replies.