• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Redspottedhanky Loyalty Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvboy

Established Member
Hello

I received an email today reminding me to use up my loyalty points I had earned as they expired on 31/12/2011. Now I'd only earned them this week. Having converted them to e-vouchers they now expire in 2020.

Do I take this to mean they are ending the loyalty scheme at the end of the year?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

snail

Established Member
RSH Terms and Conditions:

All points and e-vouchers created from loyalty points will be valid for one calendar year from 1st January - 31st December. If you do not collect and redeem your points or e-vouchers by the end of the calendar year they will not be carried forward to the following calendar year.

...and just to worry the Tesco Clubcard points hoarders:
E-vouchers created by customers from the tesco Clubcard Scheme are valid for 6 months from the time of creation in the redspottedhanky users account. If you do not redeem your e-vouchers by the expiry date shown they will not be carried forward.

http://www.redspottedhanky.com/terms-and-conditions/loyalty/

It looks though like the voucher expiry dates are all being set to 2020, but the T&Cs are there should they change their mind.

I've got a massive 98 points to redeem. The Railway Children can have them. :)

Last edited:

Bungle73

On Moderation
I have a grand total of 17 RSH points. Wow! :shock:

East Coast Reward points are valid for two years.....and that's from the day they are credited to your account!

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I have a grand total of 17 RSH points. Wow! :shock:

East Coast Reward points are valid for two years.....and that's from the day they are credited to your account!

I had 11... Well, once the £90 on my mums account has gone which we got through tesco clubcard, 11p might just be handy :roll:

TP

Bungle73

On Moderation
The only reason I have the ones I have is because I took advantage of the free £10 credit offer a while back and used it to book a ticket to London. I haven't used it since.

dvboy

Established Member
I had 600-odd left.

I got 5000 back a few months for being picked at random on twitter a while back.

All Line Rover

Established Member
...and just to worry the Tesco Clubcard points hoarders:

http://www.redspottedhanky.com/terms-and-conditions/loyalty/

It looks though like the voucher expiry dates are all being set to 2020, but the T&Cs are there should they change their mind.

I have over 450 points. Annoyingly, the website is refusing to allow me to convert them into e-vouchers - it always comes up with an error message! I will have to try again in the next few days.

Regarding the e-vouchers, Rsh have resolutely confirmed (by phone and by written communication) that these vouchers will NOT expire anytime soon. If they ever changed their minds, there are sufficient grounds to complain, and if they refused to budge, I can always go back to Tesco on the basis of misleading advertising (I'm sure Rsh wouldn't say no to Tesco's legal department ;)).

dzug2

I have over 450 points. Annoyingly, the website is refusing to allow me to convert them into e-vouchers - it always comes up with an error message! I will have to try again in the next few days.

).

Only a guess but maybe you have to do it in multiples of 100? The 'change' you can then give to charity

radamfi

Established Member

I was getting an error yesterday evening but I tried later on in the evening and it worked OK.

There is no harm converting your points into e-vouchers as soon as you get them, even if is only a few points.

aleph_0

Only a guess but maybe you have to do it in multiples of 100? The 'change' you can then give to charity

I've managed to convert 12 loyalty points before, so I don't think that is the problem.

On my account today it says, "Your points will expire on 31/12/2012", so maybe we no longer need to convert at the end of the year (although I have done so already).

If all won't convert at once, maybe try converting most points, but not quite all of them, or smaller amounts? [This shouldn't be a problem, I've converted anything from 12 to 1,000 points in the past]

IanD

Established Member

I convert mine to cash as soon as I get them. Usually less than 100, more often than not less than 20.

It does get confused if you log on to 2 RSH accounts on the same device, something to do with the miriad of windows it opens for some actions rather than using the currently open window.

snail

Established Member
Regarding the e-vouchers, Rsh have resolutely confirmed (by phone and by written communication) that these vouchers will NOT expire anytime soon. If they ever changed their minds, there are sufficient grounds to complain, and if they refused to budge, I can always go back to Tesco on the basis of misleading advertising (I'm sure Rsh wouldn't say no to Tesco's legal department ;)).
Is that the misleading advertising that says:

Tesco Clubcard said:
Things to remember...
redspottedhanky.com e-vouchers are valid for 6 months from registration. Remember to think about when you plan to travel, to ensure it is still valid and that tickets are available.
and
We encourage you to make a note of the expiry date of your tokens as out of date tokens cannot be redeemed or refunded.
?

snail

Established Member
Yes, it is, because the expiry date of the tokens (as mentioned on Redspottedhanky) is 31st December 2020.
I just want to know how Tesco can be accused of 'misleading advertising' when the conditions on their offer page clearly state validity is six months and RSH repeat it in their T&Cs?

The fact that RSH have generously given your vouchers a longer expiry date doesn't invalidate the T&Cs should either party decide to enforce them in the future. You will have accepted them at some point in the transaction to convert Clubcard vouchers to RSH vouchers.

All Line Rover

Established Member
I just want to know how Tesco can be accused of 'misleading advertising' when the conditions on their offer page clearly state validity is six months and RSH repeat it in their T&Cs?

The fact that RSH have generously given your vouchers a longer expiry date doesn't invalidate the T&Cs should either party decide to enforce them in the future. You will have accepted them at some point in the transaction to convert Clubcard vouchers to RSH vouchers.

Redspottedhanky have authoritatively stated - numerous times - that the vouchers will not expire (at least until 2020). Just because Tesco's current (and likely outdated) T&C's detail a less generous offer does not mean that Redspottedhanky backtracking on their statements would not constitute false advertising.

Have Redspottedhanky said that the vouchers will soon expire? Not to my knowledge. So what is the point of arguing about it?

All Line Rover

Established Member
I can't find anything on their website saying that.

The e-vouchers section of "My Account" (the most authoritative confirmation) on Facebook in response to numerous customer queries, and by phone in response to numerous queries.

snail

Established Member
The e-vouchers section of "My Account" (the most authoritative confirmation) on Facebook in response to numerous customer queries, and by phone in response to numerous queries.
But there's nothing on the public section of the website (FAQs or T&Cs) stating that, you don't find out the extended expiry date until they have issued the vouchers. The 'numerous queries' on Facebook are well hidden and not being a journalist I haven't been party to any of the phone calls. ;)

I do see from Facebook that they have just extended the points to vouchers expiry date to 31/12/2012, so we don't have to worry after all!!

lyesbkz

I do see from Facebook that they have just extended the points to vouchers expiry date to 31/12/2012, so we don't have to worry after all!!

That's what I'd expected anyway!

If you obtain vouchers on the 28th of December, should they really be valid for only four days?

Status
Not open for further replies.