• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

References

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cyclist

Speaker to your prospective employer and explain the situation. Any reasonable employer will work with you to find a solution.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Maybe one of your clients could give a reference ?

Knowledgeboy

Congratulations on getting a job offer. Do you mind me asking what you do currently for work. I have also been self employed for a long time as a London black taxi driver and am awaiting a medical for a start with a TOC. I was hoping to use my accountant and can’t see a problem but can also use the company where I have rented my taxi from for the past six years.

SlimJim1694

Congratulations on getting a job offer. Do you mind me asking what you do currently for work. I have also been self employed for a long time as a London black taxi driver and am awaiting a medical for a start with a TOC. I was hoping to use my accountant and can’t see a problem but can also use the company where I have rented my taxi from for the past six years.

Funny how cabbies are now trying to get jobs as train drivers. It wasnt that long ago that train drivers were studying for the knowledge!

Knowledgeboy

More to life I reckon than pushing a cab around central London. The traffic is beyond a joke. I’ve had 14 good years in the job but time for a well needed change.[/QUOTE]

9tfrizzco

It's never a reference as such- they simply want to verify you were there when you said you were. Good luck

TeaTrain

I recently passed and got a conditional offer and am self-employed. I gave references from some work I did sometime ago but they were happy to accept.

I think if you explain the situation to them they will do what they can to accommodate you as others have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.