• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refunding advanced purchase tickets on Train Split with Rail Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I booked some travel via Train Split and Rail Easy. One of the journeys was York to London. It split me at Doncaster on two advanced purchase tickets.

After booking I then realised I needed to travel back the day before. The Web Site said I needed to rebook and then refund my tickets. Therefore I rebooked my travel. Train Split this time didn't split my journey at Doncaster but I didn't think anything of it, as it is one continuous journey from York to London Kings Cross and multiple tickets count as one through journey.

Now when I try to refund the original application it won't let me proceed as soon as I add a second ticket.

I have e-mailed Rail Easy to see what they say. Ever hopeful of a solution but if not I'll be out of pocket so to speak. I'll put it down to a learning experience and in future be more careful, even on Train Split's Web Site.

In hindsight there probably needs to be a section explaining that those who used split ticketing on advance purchase tickets and need to refund, need to search for tickets using each leg separately, rather than using their original booking search stations. I will mention this once I hear back from them.

Apart from that issue I've found the Web Site to be fairly good.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
I thought Advance tickets were NOT refundable?
Are they Advances? The OP mentioned advance purchase tickets, they might be walkups.

Advance tickets aren't refundable, but you can change the date or time of travel as long as the stations remain the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.