• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reliable TOC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
Who is realiable then

SWT:
Hardly ever late
Clean
Realible
Cheep (look at my Trowbridge - London Peak RTN compared to FGW)
Comfy Trains (158/9's)
Run a varitation of routes
Rateable Traction on the Main Trunk (i.e Poole - Waterloo)

NOTE: THIS TOPIC IS HERE FOR YOU TO PLACE YOUR FAV TOC's, NOT flame or argue with people for lilking them.....

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Jim said:
Who is realiable then

SWT:
Hardly ever late
Clean
Realible
Cheep (look at my Trowbridge - London Peak RTN compared to FGW)
Comfy Trains (158/9's)
Run a varitation of routes
Rateable Traction on the Main Trunk (i.e Poole - Waterloo)

NOTE: THIS TOPIC IS HERE FOR YOU TO PLACE YOUR FAV TOC's, NOT flame or argue with people for lilking them.....

Thanks

I agree with jim for all the same reason and the fact if i say anything wrong while my dads around then i prob get hit over the head with a route map! ROFL

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Agreed with nutter on this, most terminating services from Birmingham and Nottingham arrive late for some reason at Hereford.

As for reliable TOCs, FGW gets my vote because I have less problems with them and have a nicer journey overall with them compared to operators such as Virgin, SWT, Southern, SET, CT, ATF, WSX...

Although I will add a runner-up place to CT, they have improved dramatically here in the last 13 months, which is commendable. It went from outrightly disgusting to reasonable. Exceptional in some cases considering the delays caused often by the many single-line sections on the Hereford to Worcester and on to Birmingham route. As well as inconsiderate Midlanders who take an age to board a train or alight from it... ;)

jonb

Established Member
I would say one of the most Reliable TOC's is Chiltern Railways. You heardly ever hear about problems on the line (Bar the Gerrards X Tunnel) and they seem to run a very efficent service. All of their 165's have been internally refurbished and repainted, with no First Class acoomodation. even though some people would argue this, more seats are now available in peak times.

So what are Chiltern like at this point in time? Well today I had to travel to Gerrards Cross to visit family. I boarded the 1054 to Stratford Upon Avon (First stop GX) The journey was quick and we reached GC on time where I left.

On my way back I intended to catch the 1352 which called at Denham, South Ruislip & Wembley Stadium. The departure screen said the train was delayed by 10 minutes so it arrived about 1400. Upon boarding the train we were informed of a Fatality in the Wembley Stadium area and that we would be heavily delayed and checked all the way down the line. Upon leaving GX we reached our first stop, Denham. We were again informed that we may not even make it to West Ruislip. So we set off and were informed that we'd terminate at West Ruislip where many people caught the Tube into Central London.

This just shows the initative of one driver but all in all I believe Chiltern are not just a reliable TOC but also a very good TOC at that.

Guinness

Established Member
Midland Mainline is the best long distance TOC. Never late for me although the Peak HSTs seem to run 10 minutes or so late.

Status
Not open for further replies.