• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Relief roles - Signaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRain87

Afternoon all!

Just wondering where each relief role covers? Particularly interested in Woking relief and Salisbury relief roles? Any help is much appreciated!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nom de guerre

This is from memory, so amendments welcome.

Woking reliefs cover Woking ASC (G8), Guildford ASC (G7), Wokingham [IIRC] (G5) and some/all of the Pompey Direct boxes (definitely Farncombe, not 100% on the other two - all G3). G8 + 24%. Most recently advertised in July, as a six-month secondment with the "possibility" of becoming permanent.

Salisbury reliefs mainly work Salisbury (G6) and the three panels at Basingstoke ASC (1 x G7, 2 x G5). Also sign Brockenhurst (G4/5), Yeovil Pen Mill (G?), Marchwood (G2/3) and a crossing I can't recall. G7 + 32%. Last advertised in summer 2016.

Interesting areas and both pretty chingy, so minimal turnover of staff.

Only downside - for some - is that all the above are 8h rosters.

TRain87

Thanks for you help Nom! Very much appreciated :) I'm already a relief so just curious to know what other reliefs covered :)

godfreycomplex

Established Member
This is from memory, so amendments welcome.

Woking reliefs cover Woking ASC (G8), Guildford ASC (G7), Wokingham [IIRC] (G5) and some/all of the Pompey Direct boxes (definitely Farncombe, not 100% on the other two - all G3). G8 + 24%. Most recently advertised in July, as a six-month secondment with the "possibility" of becoming permanent.

Salisbury reliefs mainly work Salisbury (G6) and the three panels at Basingstoke ASC (1 x G7, 2 x G5). Also sign Brockenhurst (G4/5), Yeovil Pen Mill (G?), Marchwood (G2/3) and a crossing I can't recall. G7 + 32%. Last advertised in summer 2016.

Interesting areas and both pretty chingy, so minimal turnover of staff.

Only downside - for some - is that all the above are 8h rosters.

Woking area relief do all 3 Direct boxes, and some do various Basingstoke panels as well
As for crossings School Lane is the droid you're looking for
However I would caution anyone reading this that these are extremely rare and desirable (apparently) vacancies so internal interest is high, therefore the likelihood of them going external is frankly non-existent

Status
Not open for further replies.