• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reminders for hand cleansing in places with no sanitation facility that normally would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossover

Established Member
Apologies for the title - I couldn’t think of anything more succinct!

My example is from a recent visit to Scarborough station (for its deafness inducing ‘68 under the shed’ effect, naturally) where there is signage about hand sanitising etc as may be expected, but the installed ‘sanitising station‘ was broken (possibly had been for a week or so from what a friend mentioned) and (moreover) all the toilet facilities were locked out of use on the station

I have messaged TPE regarding the apparent madness of this (particularly having the public toilets shut) who advise the comment has been passed on to the station manager. Not sure if anything will come of it, though

I can’t imagine this is the only such example however...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthOxonian

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
It is disappointing that such facilities aren't available, especially in places with signage telling you to use them! That said, you could do what I do - I've temporarily started carrying a small bottle of hand sanitiser in my pockets, and using it regularly.

Journeyman

Established Member
I'm annoyed at the widespread closure of public toilets. I'm happy to wash my hands frequently, but I'm not happy using hand sanitiser on a regular basis, as it dries my skin out, causing eczema flare-ups that are quite painful. It's about the only thing that triggers it now, apart from stress.

PaulMc7

Established Member
I'm annoyed at the widespread closure of public toilets. I'm happy to wash my hands frequently, but I'm not happy using hand sanitiser on a regular basis, as it dries my skin out, causing eczema flare-ups that are quite painful. It's about the only thing that triggers it now, apart from stress.

They've not thought of a lot of people with weak bladders etc at all. It's part of why I've not been out much. Can't go too far without having to be too careful

Doesn't help that with the temperature being warmer hydration is absolutely essential so more fluid is needed

Journeyman

Established Member
They've not thought of a lot of people with weak bladders etc at all. It's part of why I've not been out much. Can't go too far without having to be too careful

Doesn't help that with the temperature being warmer hydration is absolutely essential so more fluid is needed

I know what you mean. I've had to think carefully about this when out and about too.

Crossover

Established Member
It is disappointing that such facilities aren't available, especially in places with signage telling you to use them! That said, you could do what I do - I've temporarily started carrying a small bottle of hand sanitiser in my pockets, and using it regularly.

Agreed - for most of last week my rucksack had at least two bottles of sanitiser in it. Either way I think it’s besides the point and ‘masks’ a wider problem

yorksrob

Veteran Member
The toilet closures seem to be a particular problem with TPE. Not helped by the lax attitude of some TOC's who've not bothered to install toilets on stations in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.