• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Replacement Buses Not in Timetable Swindon - Reading 3/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjkerbin

I've been trying to plan a journey from Kemble into Paddington on Sunday 3rd December. The GWR website advises that replacement buses are running between Swindon and Reading on that date, but no times have been put on NRE or on RTT yet, and instead journey planners either are throwing up an error or are suggesting some rather bizarre routings such as via Swindon, Bristol, Newport, Hereford and Oxford. Does anyone know what the deal is with these not showing?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rumoto

I've been trying to plan a journey from Kemble into Paddington on Sunday 3rd December. The GWR website advises that replacement buses are running between Swindon and Reading on that date, but no times have been put on NRE or on RTT yet, and instead journey planners either are throwing up an error or are suggesting some rather bizarre routings such as via Swindon, Bristol, Newport, Hereford and Oxford. Does anyone know what the deal is with these not showing?

Not only between Swindon and Reading; GWR website says that on this Sunday the journey between Swindon and Kemble will be also run by bus until 12:00:

https://www.gwr.com/travel-updates/planned-engineering

December
Didcot Parkway to Swindon – Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 December

Network Rail will be renewing track between Didcot and Swindon, carrying out preparation for our new trains at Didcot Parkway station, and installing overhead line equipment, ready for our new, electric trains. This will affect train services as follows:

• London Paddington to Bristol and South Wales – diverted via an alternative route
  • London Paddington to Cheltenham Spa, will run between Swindon and Cheltenham Spa – customers from London will need to change at Swindon; on Sunday morning replacement buses will run between Swindon and Kemble
  • London Paddington to Worcester and Hereford, services will also call at Didcot Parkway on Saturday
  • replacement buses will run between Reading – Didcot Parkway – Swindon
  • replacement buses will run between Swindon and Chippenham, and between Swindon and Kemble until 12:00

DelW

Established Member
Sunday engineering timetables have been very late appearing on the journey planner this autumn. I switched a long distance journey on GWR (and connections) from Sunday 19th to Saturday 18th mainly because at the time I booked it, it wasn't clear whether I could even do the trip on the Sunday. As it turned out, it would just have worked, but with buses, extra changes and very tight connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.