• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RES class 86 in Basford Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evening all

Whilst in Crewe over the weekend, whilst passing Basford Hall, from a distance I saw 90050. However stabled in front of it was a RES liveried 86.

Can anyone ID the 86 for me?

Thanking you in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gazthomas

Established Member
Evening all

Whilst in Crewe over the weekend, whilst passing Basford Hall, from a distance I saw 90050. However stabled in front of it was a RES liveried 86.

Thanking you in advance.
That's amazing if it's true

The_Train

Established Member
Evening all

Thanking you in advance.

Are you sure the livery wasn't that of the old Virgin Trains? I'm pretty sure 229 and 251 are welded to the rails at Basford Hall but I'm sure they are in the old VTWC livery

The_Train

Established Member
Though 229 and 251 had been taken to Sandbach for stripping and breaking up

You may well be right as I'm well behind the times when it comes to what's stored and scrapped. Be interesring to find out what the mystery 86 is.

Out of interest @47016, where were you when you saw these locos?

hwl

Established Member
A quick search of 86251 on Flickr has also thrown up a similar photo of 251 in the same place which was taken as recently as April this year so I would guess it is 251 the OP has seen
251 was in the same spot next to 90050 as that photo shows at the very end of 2018 when I was last in BH (it was dark at the time so only had a glance)

Status
Not open for further replies.