• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Restart of Trainspotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahamepage

After a gap of some 30 years im am set for a return to train spotting . I am very interested in taking pictures and video and based near Haywards Heath on the Brighton Mainline at the moment during the lockdown period I am looking for trackside sites to collect numbers photos and video again . Much has changed in the gap I have been away and any tips on internet sites and phone apps that have been developed during my time away will be most welcome . I have found a few sites on line and online databases but still go back to the old days of paper pen and ABC combined volume at the end of a platform watching westons and deltics in the final years .
Thank you for any help
Grahame Page

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oscar46016

I started again last year after about 30 years - it's amazing how much hasn't changed!

I started off using the app, but got fed up with it - so decided to knock up my own excel spreadsheet and using platform 5 books.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I started again last year after about 30 years - it's amazing how much hasn't changed!

I started off using the app, but got fed up with it - so decided to knock up my own excel spreadsheet and using platform 5 books.
I treated myself to an up to date 'spotters book's while waiting on Swindon station towards the end of March.
Not had much use yet though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.