• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Restriction code 1K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

I'm planning a journey from Edinburgh to London using an IEC Super Off-Peak Return (£94.30 with a railcard), with the restriction code 1K. The restriction states "For journeys on CrossCountry services via Birmingham use restriction code 2V or 8X as appropriate." If I were to use an XC service between Reading and Birmingham New Street on the return leg on the 24th of December, what restrictions would apply?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I'm planning a journey from Edinburgh to London using an IEC Super Off-Peak Return (£94.30 with a railcard), with the restriction code 1K. The restriction states "For journeys on CrossCountry services via Birmingham use restriction code 2V or 8X as appropriate." If I were to use an XC service between Reading and Birmingham New Street on the return leg on the 24th of December, what restrictions would apply?
None at all: if you look in the electronic restriction data for any ticket that uses 2V, you will see that the restriction simply doesn't apply after Sunday 23rd December 2018, until Wednesday 2nd January 2019. So CrossCountry (who control this restriction) clearly intend all of the Christmas-New Year period to be unrestricted, which makes sense when considering the significant disruption to many journeys from engineering work.

Shell

@ForTheLoveOf Thank you for the information! This is the most complex ticket restriction I've come across so far, so it's good to hear that I won't have an issue with this part of my journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.