• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Return Ticket...... hop on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicshaw

Hi,

I am traveling from Warrington to llandudno very soon.

I am just wondering if I buy a return ticket will I be able to hop on and off between the stations ???

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
Welcome! :)

Which ticket do you hold? If it is an SVR Off Peak Return, then on the Outward Portion you may only change trains or use station facilities en-route, and not leave stations - it seems you may break your journey on the Return portion, however.

(If you buy online and instead of a Return hold 2 Advances, then you may not break your journey as reserved.)

Ticket information (for example: types and validity) for this route can be found at: http://brfares.com/#fares?orig=0445&dest=LLD&rlc=

This may be best moved to/asked in the Fares subforum.

Last edited:

DavyCrocket

On the occasion now that a ticket is clipped or marked as being used, has anyone then encountered difficulty later on in a journey if they've broken it?

Muzer

Established Member
Which ticket do you hold? If it is an SVR Off Peak Return, then on the Outward Portion you may only change trains or use station facilities en-route, and not leave stations - it seems you may break your journey on the Return portion, however.

Technically-speaking, saying this:

Break of journey is not
permitted except to change
trains at an intermediate
station or to access station
facilities.

...is rather redundant (but welcome for clarification purposes of course), since only leaving a station counts as breaking a journey - so changing trains at an intermediate station and using facilities (even behind the ticket barrier) is not breaking your journey.

tsr

Established Member
Technically-speaking, saying this:

...is rather redundant (but welcome for clarification purposes of course), since only leaving a station counts as breaking a journey - so changing trains at an intermediate station and using facilities (even behind the ticket barrier) is not breaking your journey.

You are of course correct, but I am just clarifying, as you say! I prefer the more precise wording, as it leaves less room for doubt on the part of customers or indeed staff. :)

magicshaw

I want to stop and STAY at Rhyl on my way or return to llandudno.

Whichever ticket allows me to do the above. off peak return of anytime return.

Are there and rangers or rover ticket that covers this area ???

I know I can do that from Chester if I buy North Wales Rover but I want to start from Warrington.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The Off Peak return as mentioned by tsr allows this. You can break your return part of the journey as many times as you like within its validity, which is one calendar month.

tamesidedepot

I know I can do that from Chester if I buy North Wales Rover but I want to start from Warrington.

Hi, a coast and peaks 4 in 8 flexi-rover would cover you from Warrington through to Holyhead. VALID after 0845 weekdays,anytime at weekends. Covers a fair area too

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/prc43aadc35ce7410164353812d29a02.aspx

Deerfold

Veteran Member

It's not fast but you could do it by bus with an Arriva Wales and North West ticket.

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/uploadedFiles/Network_Maps/Wales/NW Wales Ticket Zone.pdf

It'd cover a lot of the local buses in Llandudno too.

£19 for a week. http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/multi-journey-saver-tickets-in-wales/ <D

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You can break your journey unless it is made clear in the Train Company's notices & publications that particular ticket doesn't allow it.

In the case of Off Peak Return (SVR) tickets, the outward portion does allow break of journey in the vast majority of cases, and the return portion always allows it.

Break of journey has a specific definition, merely getting off a train isn't a break of journey.

For more info, see : RailUK Fares & Ticketing Guide - Section 1 - Ticket Types & Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.