• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Return to a different origin with skip stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

noddingdonkey

In the past, I have boarded at Marsden (unstaffed) and the guard has been happy to issue a return from Slaithwaite (previous station) to Manchester, which can be a more convenient journey for me.

Now that TPE have taken over, and a skip-stop arrangement is in place such that there are only a handful of trains that serve both stations, would a guard be happy to issue that ticket, or do I need to buy from Marsden and persuade Piccadilly booking office to excess the return portion?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Should be no different, just because it is a different company, if you just explain to the guard as you did here, just say something like 'I'm going to Manchester but coming back to Slawit' and they should understand perfectly okay :)

noddingdonkey

Thanks, it wasn't the different company aspect so much as that the service I'll be on didn't stop at Slawit that made me wonder if there would be an issue.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks, it wasn't the different company aspect so much as that the service I'll be on didn't stop at Slawit that made me wonder if there would be an issue.
There is no need to travel all the way from Slaithwaite on a ticket from there, and you can start, break, resume or finish your journey at any intermediate station on a permitted route between the origin and destination stations on your ticket.

There is no requirement for any train you catch to have previously called at your origin station, nor could there be.

Status
Not open for further replies.