• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rewarding outstanding customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrg9999

The large international company I worked for as an employee before I became independent had reward schemes e.g. Big thank you £50 or £100, then £200, Line manager discretion £500, £1000 above Director, above that the board etc.
I could give anyone a £100 reward just with a mouse click. Does anything exist across all Rail companies today?
I always tell their manager but don't know if it's passed on.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
My TOC has a scheme where if you are mentioned on social media, or indeed via any other channel, then your entered into a draw. If successful you get a wee voucher.

If you've gone ADCD (Above & Beyond the Call of Duty) then you may get a voucher directly without the need to be entered into the draw.

Established Member
LNER have a reward scheme where a monetary value gets placed onto your account, you can exchange that value vouchers/ecards at numerous clothes, food, travel companies etc

Sly Old Fox

Yes, allegedly, but in my experience, no. I received a thank you on Twitter (I saw the tweet myself) and the Twitter team said it would be passed on but I never heard anything my end.

dk1

Veteran Member
Yes we tend to get £30 or £50 shopping gift cards if going over and beyond or if recommended by your manager.

You have to be careful with the likes of X and other social media channels as it’s not been unheard of for friends/family to be sending the praise and in rare occasions the person themselves with an anonymous account.

GalaxyDog

With my former TOC, all you got for a customer 'interaction' was a mention in the weekly propgan - staff magazine. Several occasions and I and other colleagues (we compared notes) would get customers promising to tweet or email the company after we hade gone above and beyond / made / saved their day and nothing would be passed on to us. We weren't surprised as we were under the aegis one of the most militantly antiRMT / guards TOCs in the country. It became more demoralising when in the "annual awards" scheme (big gala night, tuxedos and evening dresses at the ready) one element was won, one year by someone under false pretences.

thedbdiboy

The large international company I worked for as an employee before I became independent had reward schemes e.g. Big thank you £50 or £100, then £200, Line manager discretion £500, £1000 above Director, above that the board etc.
I could give anyone a £100 reward just with a mouse click. Does anything exist across all Rail companies today?
I always tell their manager but don't know if it's passed on.
I'm not sure what's out there now but when I worked for Network SouthEast directors could issue £25 rewards on the spot where they observed someone going 'above and beyond', either for a specific event or where they could see that someone was consistently an asset to the organisation.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
TfL have had various schemes over the years; the current one is a £30 voucher which can be redeemed at a large amount of retailers. Any member of staff can nominate any other, with approval at line manager level.

chuff chuff

We have the GEM (going the extra mile) awards of £30,they were handed out fairly regularly when launched now a pretty rare beast to the point a lot of staff had thought they had been done away with.

Greenheart

I've received a handful of these. Slightly annoyingly (and unlike a standard bonus) they're not taxed until the following year, the personal tax free allowance reducing by the amount of the gift cards.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
WMT have a recognition scheme. You can get £25 added to the discount site so you can pick where you want to use them. No cash alternative AFAIK. There are also annual awards ceremonies too, but it does seem a lot more about who you know rather than actual feedback received.

Status
Not open for further replies.