• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RI photographic awards 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

As you may of seen there is the railway illustrated photographic awards are starting soon. i am wondering if any one else is going to send some picture in because i am sure to be. :D

If you would like me to send you the info just email me.

Andy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I was going to do last year's one IIRC, might not bother with this one. Having seen the winners from last year, I doubt I'd win. Seems the judges don't like pure quality, it's got to be art that doesn't look like art (if that makes sense. If not, give me a buzz. I'll tour you around an art gallery, by then you'll know exactly what SHOULD be defined as art and what should be thrown in the skip)

Good luck to anyone who does enter and goes on to win.

jdjonnay

If you're not one of CJM's "buddies" you haven't got a chance. Look at how many awards the SDF got in the various junior categories last year.. either nobody else bothered to enter, or it was a very unfair contest.

Agree with the above comments, they don't care what the picture is of, as long as its "art". What utter crap...

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
andy said:
As you may of seen there is the railway illustrated photographic awards are starting soon. i am wondering if any one else is going to send some picture in because i am sure to be. :D

If you would like me to send you the info just email me.

Andy
Andy, you do know that the RI Photographic Awards 2005 deadline is approaching very quickly don't you? It finishes at the beginning of 2006.

Sprog

Established Member
jdjonnay said:
If you're not one of CJM's "buddies" you haven't got a chance. Look at how many awards the SDF got in the various junior categories last year.. either nobody else bothered to enter, or it was a very unfair contest.

Agree with the above comments, they don't care what the picture is of, as long as its "art". What utter rubbish...

Sure... :roll:

Judging is fair...why would they wanna cheat :? :x .......its a 'bit of fun', and its a worthy cause *cough* Selby Disaster ..........

Your all just winging cus you didnt win.....that photo that won last year was incredable and photgraphy is party about art, not just a boring picture of a 66 in a station. Its gotta be special or have an interesting feature. There was one last year with a voyager across an embankment with the sun light shining through its windows and onto the field infront of it. Its a cr*ppy old voayager, but that picture made it stand out. i thought it was excellent.

Andy

i entered into the junior section last year but my pic were not that good. it is more of what is around the object then that its self.

Sam

I was at the award ceremony last year at York and the competition was very tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.