• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ride Cornwall one day ticket £10, still available for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone if the £10 'Ride Cornwall' day ticket is available for 2013 ?

And can this ticket be bought in London railways station the day beforehand ?

Details here: http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/~/media/Ride Cornwall Leaflet July 2012 V1.ashx

"Ride Cornwall offers the holder one day's unlimited travel on all rail and most bus services within Cornwall and between Cornwall and Plymouth. It is valid on all bus services within Cornwall operated by First Devon and Cornwall and Western Greyhound and for bus journeys between Cornwall and Plymouth. It is valid on rail services operated by First Great Western and CrossCountry in Cornwall and also between Cornwall and Plymouth and on the Gunnislake Tamar Valley branch line. Ride Cornwall is not valid for local bus journeys within the City of Plymouth."
http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=4475

There was an old thread about this excellent ticket. But this has closed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Be3G

Established Member
It's definitely still available, as it can be purchased online from FGW here. I don't know if it's possible to buy it in London though – I assume it is, but it'd be a case of needing to find a staff member who knows how to issue it or can be bothered to look up how to do so.

CC 72100

Established Member
I don't know if it's possible to buy it in London though – I assume it is, but it'd be a case of needing to find a staff member who knows how to issue it or can be bothered to look up how to do so.

It should be - don't let the fact that it's also valid on buses make you wonder, it's a day ranger like any other. I've had one issued at Exeter SD before no problems!

Edit: Oh wow, I'm now an 'established member' with over 1000 posts.... I need to get back to work!

Temple Meads

Established Member
And if you're heading to Devon, don't forget about the Devon Day Ranger and Evening Ranger either, fantastic value for money :)

richw

Veteran Member
We did get a good straw in Cornwall with regards to fares. Rail fares are cheap, there's a resident railcard, and we have this ticket. I've been out today 12 miles each way, 2.65 return with my d&c railcard. D&c railcards are £10 for the year, got to prove residency to buy one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.