• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RIP @carlberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

father_jack

Hearing today that regular contributor on this thread and bus preservationist Carl Berry has died. I'd met him a few times at bus rallies and in bus barns. RIP.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Posts #1-3 were originally in this thread:

Carl has been a regular and well respected contributor to the forum for a number of years and will be missed.

keppoch69

On Moderation
What terrible news to read this afternoon. My thoughts go out to those who were close to the gent & knew him. Thank you for your postings here over the years. May You Rest In Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dai Corner

Established Member
RIP Carl Berry.

I didn't know him but read his invariably interesting and well-informed posts.

I believe that as well as his eponymous website he also ran bristol-re.co.uk . It would be fitting if these were preserved, as well as his RE.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Typhoon

Established Member
I only came across Carl on forums such as this and other internet sources. His posts were always informative, respectful, thought through and enhanced the discussion. He clearly made a contribution beyond this. They will undoubtedly be missed.

jammy36

As others above, I only knew Carl through forums like this. I can only echo the comments of @Typhoon and likewise always found his posts to be well-considered, knowledgeable and informative. RIP.

Private Baxter

Established Member
Very sad to hear. He was a very knowledgeable member on this forum, and I certainly learnt a thing or two from his various posts.

AllanMacF

A quiet chap and not an outgoing conversationalist, but my, was his written word always valued and respected on Rail Forums. As said by so many, thoughts are with Carl's family and friends.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Wasn't privileged to know him, but his contributions were always considered and cogent. RIP.

Marcus Fryer

I also never really met him, although I did travel on AFM 103G one 376 New Year’s Day running day when he was driving. I believe he was heavily involved in that event, which was an annual occurrence until covid intervened? As well as adding my condolences to his family, I hope the RE finds a good home.

Last edited:

Strathclyder

Established Member
I too never knew him personally, but he was clearly a valued contributer, not just to this part of the forums, but to the bus preservation world. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

ACBest

I like many others never met Carl, however his contributions and vast knowledge were invaluable throughout this forum. RIP Carl.

father_jack

I'm pleased to report that AFM has passed into the very safe hands of long established and highly competent preservationist.

aswilliamsuk

Another to only know Carl virtually, but it feels like I've known him in such circles since the earlier days of UK-bus-fleetnews. A sad loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.