• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RMT settle dispute with Greater Anglia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bromley boy

Established Member
Right, so there wasn't anything factual about OBS being dropped asap ?.

Nothing at all that you can link to ?

Just what a few people with their own agendas liked to believe ?

Oh come off it. Nobody on either side of the debate can genuinely believe this was not the original intention. The evidence is:

1. The document mentioned above, on the RSSB website I believe, soon deleted. Screenshots were shared at the time;

2. The simple common sense fact the disputes have cost so much they couldn’t have any possible motive other than much bigger savings than achieved by continuing to employ OBSs;

3. Remind us, what happened to the GATEX train hosts?

With all due respect, by arguing elimination of the OBS role wasn’t/isn’t the end game, you have about as much credibility as Donald Trump crying “fake news” to the latest sex scandal or corruption claim...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bromley boy

Established Member
Indeed. As I said, feel free to believe whatever you prefer. I know where my thoughts lie, and the vast majority with an informed view of the matter.

That Putin bloke has no idea about nerve agent in Salisbury, either. Well, he hasn't written it down anyway... ;)

If you can’t link to a document proving it, I don’t believe you. It’s fake news. :D

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Damn, rumbled again!

Good to have both of you involved, always better for sheep to stick together :D

I must be a very suspicious person but I may have good reason:-

- There's some people who like to have a regular rant, on a subject they firmly believe in

- Don't really appreciate that anybody else might have alternative views

- Can't find any document that actually confirms their views

- Can't link to any site that might provide firm evidence

- Keeps repeating their same interpretation of what they believe

- Refuses to believe any statements that conflict with their views

- Is happy to circulate Fake News in an attempt to win over those less knowledgeable

Etc etc

As I said, just 'Some people', presumably not yourselves....

:rolleyes:

CN75

Oh come off it. Nobody on either side of the debate can genuinely believe this was not the original intention. The evidence is:

1. The document mentioned above, on the RSSB website I believe, soon deleted. Screenshots were shared at the time;

2. The simple common sense fact the disputes have cost so much they couldn’t have any possible motive other than much bigger savings than achieved by continuing to employ OBSs;

With all due respect, by arguing elimination of the OBS role wasn’t/isn’t the end game, you have about as much credibility as Donald Trump crying “fake news” to the latest sex scandal or corruption claim...

In fact what Southern said they would do before the first strikes did actually happen. The RMT has obvious reasons to say the conspiracy was (or is) to remove all the conductors not only did it not happen, it wasn’t actually proposed. This link from before it all ‘kicked off’ would suggest actually Southern did intend keeping guards on the trains in new jobs, which is what GA and SWR are also proposing.

https://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/govia...e-rmt-union-on-friday-29th-april-2016-1540798

BestWestern

Established Member

- There's some people who like to have a regular rant, on a subject they firmly believe in

- Is happy to circulate Fake News in an attempt to win over those less knowledgeable

Etc etc

Shall I make the obvious post suggesting that all of the above applies equally to your good self, or shall we avoid the usual tedium as I suggested a while ago....?

tsr

Established Member
so, were the Lewisham trains DOO ? and if so, had a Guard been on each of the trains, would the result have been different ?

If I remember correctly (and I think I do...) 4 out of 5 of the trains with self-evacuating passengers were DOO. The 5th, which was also the service where passengers held on the longest before self-evacuating, had a guard.

At least one or two others were stranded, but had guards and did not self-evacuate.

Almost all the DOO trains stranded had self-evacuations, and almost all the guarded trains did not.

I think the RMT’s response was quite predictable. I do think they should now be more pragmatic, recognise the OBS role and start working with TOCs.

This has been suggested by many of the affected staff over the last year and I quite agree.

Some two years after these disputes began, it’s difficult to see what has really been achieved from the DFT’s perspective. Little if any cost saving, which in any case is massively outweighed by the cost of the disruption resulting from the industrial action and won’t be realised for many years. Little if any benefit for passengers, it sounds like very few trains were ever cancelled due to the lack of a guard.

To be fair, the rate of cancellations is not the best statistic to use, as the rate of trains which were delayed (but not cancelled) due to guards being unavailable was historically much higher than it is now. Yet, amongst those Southern routes which still have guards in whole or part (of which there remain a fair number), it is now far rarer - in fact, now virtually unheard-of, for trains to be waiting for guards.

The suggestion that previous poor diagramming was responsible for most delays (and that an earlier introduction of the dedicated OBS crew controllers would have also been of great benefit when there were only guards) is of course not widely seen...

... It smacks of incompetence and I can see why people believe it’s motivated by an ideological agenda. There simply doesn’t seem to be much of a rational basis for it.

Mr Wilkinson would appear to be known less for logical thought and more for ideological outbursts.

One can only assume that they are playing the long game. Go through the expensive battle now and then drop all of the OBSs over the course of the next franchise, assuming that they can drop them and don't run into issues with DOO on the accessibility front.

The accessibility front is very pertinent. The DfT have effectively made their mistake when mandating a rollout of DOO trains on lines where many stations are partially or fully unstaffed. Consider the sheer investment to provide regular, reliable, trackable staff at stations for accessibility assistance and to ensure revenue can be collected. A lot of these unstaffed stations, especially around outer Sussex and the South Coast, are well-used by people who need reliable assistance and the fallout is horrendous when it goes wrong. Unless you can provide a full first-to-last staff complement at all stations, except in the most exceptional circumstances, DOO in its truest sense is virtually unworkable for at least the next few years.

... 2. The simple common sense fact the disputes have cost so much they couldn’t have any possible motive other than much bigger savings than achieved by continuing to employ OBSs ...

A genuine element of the proposed monetary saving is probably already realised in training and train delay costs. How much this could have been improved by making the existing system more efficient (see my points above) is up for debate, and it would be a good one to have.

Yes, removing all the staff is of course a reasonably cheap outlook, but there is probably some "middle ground" in the original aim, somewhere between non-compulsory staff and none at all at certain times, which was skewed (quite rightly) by the considerable demands by those needing actual, tangible help with travel.

Remember that when the dispute first started, and conductors were becoming "assisting" conductors / guards on routes where they previously dispatched... they had nothing to do with checking on the platforms for anyone needing help with travel, which is now compulsory! Effectively there was no compulsory presence during station calls, no compulsory position in the train, and virtually no compulsory duties.

With the need for information, travel assistance and the ability to prove staff have actually been on a train, it's become harder to remove the OBS role without a lot of people noticing very quickly.

GTR have also been quick to make the very most of those onboard staff with genuinely excellent customer service skills. To some degree they appear to have used this for good publicity - to make it look like the staff are employed only because they're all really good at cheering passengers up - when they have to now be there for quasi-operational reasons anyway!

They were reinstated from 0500-midnight on brand new trains which were fully capable of running DOO (no matter the debate about how objectionable that method of operation might be for 12 coach trains running full of unfamiliar passengers).

They may originally have been disbanded, but from my conversations with rail staff, they're very much now here to stay. Possibly longest of all OBS roles, in the distant future. Premium and all that!

Gatwick has already been "de-barriered", albeit with nominal gateline staff. Make of this what you will.

Bromley boy

Established Member

Etc etc

Good grief! What a laughable response. I was joking before but you’re actually starting to sound more and more like the Donald (in fact, has anyone seen him in the last hour or so ?!). :lol:

For someone who doesn’t like ranting, you’ve just produced a dictionary definition of a rant! Absolutely no attempt to make reasoned arguments, just frothing and personal attacks.

Do you deny the document mentioned above existed?

It’s clear you're either lying about your own position or you’re actually naïve enough to believe everything contained in a TOC press release (or you’re just trolling). Whichever, there’s absolutely nothing to be learned from discussing this subject with you.

Last edited:

Bromley boy

Established Member
Almost all the DOO trains stranded had self-evacuations, and almost all the guarded trains did not.

This is also my recollection, I had meant to reply to the previous poster along similar lines but it slipped my mind.

To be fair, the rate of cancellations is not the best statistic to use, as the rate of trains which were delayed (but not cancelled) due to guards being unavailable was historically much higher than it is now. Yet, amongst those Southern routes which still have guards in whole or part (of which there remain a fair number), it is now far rarer - in fact, now virtually unheard-of, for trains to be waiting for guards.

The suggestion that previous poor diagramming was responsible for most delays (and that an earlier introduction of the dedicated OBS crew controllers would have also been of great benefit when there were only guards) is of course not widely seen...

Good points here and it is interesting to note trains are rarely delayed now due to unavailable guards when that was one of the reasons most pushed in favour of the removal of the safety critical status of the role. Clearly the existing system could have been made to work better if the will had been there to do so.

Mr Wilkinson would appear to be known less for logical thought and more for ideological outbursts.

Indeed. More evidence (as if it were needed) that there is at least partly an ideological element to the DfT’s approach. It seems difficult to explain the willingness to engage in a dispute of this magnitude - with let’s face it pretty insignificant benefits which won’t be realised for years - any other way.

A genuine element of the proposed monetary saving is probably already realised in training and train delay costs. How much this could have been improved by making the existing system more efficient (see my points above) is up for debate, and it would be a good one to have.

Yes, removing all the staff is of course a reasonably cheap outlook, but there is probably some "middle ground" in the original aim, somewhere between non-compulsory staff and none at all at certain times, which was skewed (quite rightly) by the considerable demands by those needing actual, tangible help with travel.

It would be an interesting debate to have. And of course those savings must also be balanced against the wider cost of the industrial action both to the government and the wider economy.

As you say a middle ground between the two extremes was perhaps originally expected by DfT/GTR but my suspicion as an outside observer is GTR/DfT must have been hoping for something that would quickly have led to much lower cost. What they’ve ended up with - OBSs indefinitely on virtually every train being paid guards’ salaries - surely cannot have been what was originally intended.

It just doesn’t seem a good enough result from their perspective to make it worth the fight.

They were reinstated from 0500-midnight on brand new trains which were fully capable of running DOO (no matter the debate about how objectionable that method of operation might be for 12 coach trains running full of unfamiliar passengers).

They may originally have been disbanded, but from my conversations with rail staff, they're very much now here to stay. Possibly longest of all OBS roles, in the distant future. Premium and all that!

Thanks. I believe I’m right in saying they were completely removed and have now been brought back in line with OBS on other services?

Last edited:

Bromley boy

Established Member
In fact what Southern said they would do before the first strikes did actually happen. The RMT has obvious reasons to say the conspiracy was (or is) to remove all the conductors not only did it not happen, it wasn’t actually proposed. This link from before it all ‘kicked off’ would suggest actually Southern did intend keeping guards on the trains in new jobs, which is what GA and SWR are also proposing.

https://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/govia...e-rmt-union-on-friday-29th-april-2016-1540798

That’s true, although of course this press release was put out on the eve of going into battle with a militant trade union, so must be read in that context.

Whether GTR have actually ended up with what they originally intended cannot be proved either way, just as it can’t be proved to what extent the RMT and ASLEF’s actions, the cock-ups over disabled access, the failure to win over public opinion etc. have watered down what was originally proposed (or perhaps I should again say, originally intended).

EDIT: and apologies generally for getting into the GTR stuff on the GA thread. The DOO threads all seem to merge into one anyway!

Last edited:

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Good grief! What a laughable response. I was joking before but you’re actually starting to sound more and more like the Donald (in fact, has anyone seen him in the last hour or so ?!). :lol:

For someone who doesn’t like ranting, you’ve just produced a dictionary definition of a rant! Absolutely no attempt to make reasoned arguments, just frothing and personal attacks.

Do you deny the document mentioned above existed?

It’s clear you're either lying about your own position or you’re actually naïve enough to believe everything contained in a TOC press release (or you’re just trolling). Whichever, there’s absolutely nothing to be learned from discussing this subject with you.

Sorry, only just seen this.

I'm not lying about anything at all, I wasn't aware that I'd ever indicated 'my own position' (other than not being rail staff).

It's interesting that the only comment anyone makes is about just one document. Nothing else, no other records/comments - from anybody ? Not sure that I would want to build any case at all on that little evidence, let alone then go and interpret it as however it suits your own agenda. Presumably, rail staff union members just accept all this without asking any pertinent questions ?

BestWestern

Established Member
Sorry, only just seen this.

I'm not lying about anything at all, I wasn't aware that I'd ever indicated 'my own position' (other than not being rail staff).

It's interesting that the only comment anyone makes is about just one document. Nothing else, no other records/comments - from anybody ? Not sure that I would want to build any case at all on that little evidence, let alone then go and interpret it as however it suits your own agenda. Presumably, rail staff union members just accept all this without asking any pertinent questions ?

Ah yes, pertinent questions. Unfortunately, those have a habit of being answered with vague, borderline dishonest, wishy washy non-answers. Perhaps if TOCs were able to give clear information, instead of trying to avoid actually addressing the question being asked, the union responses might also be different.

A question for you; could you provide a list of examples where the widespread, substantial deskilling of a job and significant transfer of responsibility to other staff has assisted in the secure long term future of the role without disadvantage to the employees? I'll forward it to the unions and then we can stop having all these inconvenient strikes over our silly paranoid conspiracy theories. Nice one, cheers.

Last edited:

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Ah yes, pertinent questions. Unfortunately, those have a habit of being answered with vague, borderline dishonest, wishy washy non-answers. Perhaps if TOCs were able to give clear information, instead of trying to avoid actually addressing the question being asked, the union responses might also be different.

A question for you; could you provide a list of examples where the widespread, substantial deskilling of a job and significant transfer of responsibility to other staff has assisted in the secure long term future of the role without disadvantage to the employees? I'll forward it to the unions and then we can stop having all these inconvenient strikes over our silly paranoid conspiracy theories. Nice one, cheers.
Although not directly comparable with the current round of proposed changes to traincrew duties in England it still intrigues me that after over 30 years of having 'Strathclyde Ticket Examiners' on DOO services around Glasgow there appears to have been no further significant change to the role and continued 'full (diagrammed) coverage'. Meanwhile there have been service expansions to Larkhall, Edinburgh via Bathgate and Paisley Canal together with more services across the network on Sundays. Some trains appear to have assisting ticket staff as well. Plenty more jobs overall and these appear to be 'secure' through privatisation, re-franchising, devolution, changed government at Holyrood, etc.

Robertj21a

On Moderation

I'm not at all sure why you need to go off again about DOO/OBS etc but, before you ask, my personal view is that the OBS role in Southern has been well received by most passengers.

My earlier comments were related to myself being a naturally suspicious person and finding it strange that you, and others, have always been happy to come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories about what might have been intended - and yet there's seemingly hardly anything documented at all. It all seems ridiculously 'flimsy' for so-called evidence. You may be happy to believe everything that others tell you but that would never be enough for me.

BestWestern

Established Member
I'm not at all sure why you need to go off again about DOO/OBS etc but, before you ask, my personal view is that the OBS role in Southern has been well received by most passengers.

My earlier comments were related to myself being a naturally suspicious person and finding it strange that you, and others, have always been happy to come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories about what might have been intended - and yet there's seemingly hardly anything documented at all. It all seems ridiculously 'flimsy' for so-called evidence. You may be happy to believe everything that others tell you but that would never be enough for me.

I don't think you and I have much prospect of any constructive discussion, this circle has been navigated many times. Let's leave it at that...

BestWestern

Established Member
Although not directly comparable with the current round of proposed changes to traincrew duties in England it still intrigues me that after over 30 years of having 'Strathclyde Ticket Examiners' on DOO services around Glasgow there appears to have been no further significant change to the role and continued 'full (diagrammed) coverage'. Meanwhile there have been service expansions to Larkhall, Edinburgh via Bathgate and Paisley Canal together with more services across the network on Sundays. Some trains appear to have assisting ticket staff as well. Plenty more jobs overall and these appear to be 'secure' through privatisation, re-franchising, devolution, changed government at Holyrood, etc.

However, none of that addresses the question. As you say, very definitely not a comparable situation.

Carlisle

Established Member
However, none of that addresses the question. As you say, very definitely not a comparable situation.
As far as I can tell the post you refer to above is completely factually accurate, stating ScotRail T.E.s have,

1) been around in increasing numbers for over 30 years, ( accepted there’s been the odd issue over that time re not filling some vacancies quite quickly enough)

2)No reductions / redundancies have ever been proposed during that time

3)No reductions/ redundancies are planned,

So how long a job history/ future guarantee do we realistically expect the railway to be able to offer these days ? When I first looked at railway jobs in the late 80s I nearly applied for a trainee wood machinist position , so obviously I’d have needed to diversify if Id still wanted to be employed on the railway today, I guess times change .

Last edited:

Bromley boy

Established Member

You’ve certainly indicated your own position virtually every other post of yours is either: attacking a union; telling staff they should pick up litter, even when it’s not their job; criticising rules/working practices; I even recall you making the point that a guard who was injured during the recent snow wouldn’t have been there if the train had been a DOO service (classy) etc.

Your bias is very evident. There’s obviously something motivating you to take this position - maybe you’re a disgruntled TOC employee (or ex employee), a bitter enthusiast jealous of Ts and Cs, maybe you’re Donald Trump for all I know (or care :D).

It was: that document (why was it subsequently removed); the fate of the previous GATEX staff (who ironically have had to be reintroduced); enormous cost of the dispute (which has been a spectacular failure given the concessions extracted by ASLEF).

As I say there’s little point in debating this with you. Maybe you should consider why on earth you think you know more than the entire staff of an industry (who’ve seen it all before) and the unions representing them. Just a thought.

BestWestern

Established Member
As far as I can tell the post you refer to above is completely factually accurate, stating ScotRail T.E.s have,

1) been around in increasing numbers for over 30 years, ( accepted there’s been the odd issue over that time re not filling some vacancies quite quickly enough)

2)No reductions / redundancies have ever been proposed during that time

3)No reductions/ redundancies are planned,

So how long a job history/ future guarantee do we realistically expect the railway to be able to offer these days ? When I first looked at railway jobs in the late 80s I nearly applied for a trainee wood machinist position , so obviously I’d have needed to diversify if Id still wanted to be employed on the railway today, I guess times change .

Whilst indeed factually correct, Scotrail TEs and their successful existance have little relevance to current Guards being downgraded to 'OBS' or similar, which was the point being discussed.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
You’ve certainly indicated your own position virtually every other post of yours is either: attacking a union; telling staff they should pick up litter, even when it’s not their job; criticising rules/working practices; I even recall you making the point that a guard who was injured during the recent snow wouldn’t have been there if the train had been a DOO service (classy) etc.

Your bias is very evident. There’s obviously something motivating you to take this position - maybe you’re a disgruntled TOC employee (or ex employee), a bitter enthusiast jealous of Ts and Cs, maybe you’re Donald Trump for all I know (or care :D).

It was: that document (why was it subsequently removed); the fate of the previous GATEX staff (who ironically have had to be reintroduced); enormous cost of the dispute (which has been a spectacular failure given the concessions extracted by ASLEF).

As I say there’s little point in debating this with you. Maybe you should consider why on earth you think you know more than the entire staff of an industry (who’ve seen it all before) and the unions representing them. Just a thought.

Full of more inaccuracies. As you say, no point in discussing issues with people who simply can't read or have an inability to see outside their blinkers.
Have a nice day !

Wivenswold

Established Member
The beauty of stories like this is that they provoke in-fighting and mistrust amongst the community. Just like Brexit does. As part of my job, I concluded an investigation into a tax fraud involving high-spec London properties this morning. A rather slapdash Tory Donor was my access route to the scheme that's depriving the Exchequer around £1.35bn in Capital Gains Tax each year. Like the Cambridge Analytics scandal that's been out there in plain sight for a year and is now only gaining traction as a story, this one will be big.

So do bear the above in mind when were discussing whether there's enough money to pay for a second member of staff on a train, especially when we're happy to criticise people claiming "benefits" as being a drain on the economy but will happily argue against them being in gainful employment.

It's all broken and if you're still convinced that small-scale economy drives like getting rid of guards on trains are the solution then you really aren't paying enough attention.

Carlisle

Established Member
As, could be argued were many of our finest railwaymen, Brunel, Stephenson, Walker, Locke , etc etc :D

Last edited:

TheEdge

Established Member
As, could be argued were many of our finest railwaymen, Brunel, Stephenson, Walker, Locke , etc etc :D

It insulting to even compare that public servant pillock against some of the greatest engineers the railway ever saw who actually left something good after they were done.

jon0844

Veteran Member
This is also my recollection, I had meant to reply to the previous poster along similar lines but it slipped my mind.

Good points here and it is interesting to note trains are rarely delayed now due to unavailable guards when that was one of the reasons most pushed in favour of the removal of the safety critical status of the role. Clearly the existing system could have been made to work better if the will had been there to do so.

Indeed. More evidence (as if it were needed) that there is at least partly an ideological element to the DfT’s approach. It seems difficult to explain the willingness to engage in a dispute of this magnitude - with let’s face it pretty insignificant benefits which won’t be realised for years - any other way.

It would be an interesting debate to have. And of course those savings must also be balanced against the wider cost of the industrial action both to the government and the wider economy.

As you say a middle ground between the two extremes was perhaps originally expected by DfT/GTR but my suspicion as an outside observer is GTR/DfT must have been hoping for something that would quickly have led to much lower cost. What they’ve ended up with - OBSs indefinitely on virtually every train being paid guards’ salaries - surely cannot have been what was originally intended.

It just doesn’t seem a good enough result from their perspective to make it worth the fight.

Thanks. I believe I’m right in saying they were completely removed and have now been brought back in line with OBS on other services?

I had my ticket checked last week on the GatEx. Was quite surprised to see anyone as I did think they'd gone for good.

XDM

The Southern change in work practices has been very beneficial.
Station Dwell time is reduced because of no jingle bells.
The few poor OBS have had to be let go & the many excellent ones praised & in several cases promoted.
OBS can devote themselves full time to passengers & not skulk in driving cabs as many guards did full time.
About 1 in 250 trains that had guards have run full DOO & thousands of passengers have not had to hang around for another half hour because their train was needlessly cancelled. These trains ran DOO in emergency because an OBS was not able to get to her/his train.
The company have been able to carefully recruit OBS who are much nicer people than some guards that the TOC had to inherit. Of course some guards are nice & capable too.
Overall an OBS costs much less than a guard. Especially when guard versus OBS sickness rate is accounted for, & training costs.

BestWestern

Established Member
The Southern change in work practices has been very beneficial.
Station Dwell time is reduced because of no jingle bells.
The few poor OBS have had to be let go & the many excellent ones praised & in several cases promoted.
OBS can devote themselves full time to passengers & not skulk in driving cabs as many guards did full time.
About 1 in 250 trains that had guards have run full DOO & thousands of passengers have not had to hang around for another half hour because their train was needlessly cancelled. These trains ran DOO in emergency because an OBS was not able to get to her/his train.
The company have been able to carefully recruit OBS who are much nicer people than some guards that the TOC had to inherit. Of course some guards are nice & capable too.
Overall an OBS costs much less than a guard. Especially when guard versus OBS sickness rate is accounted for, & training costs.

Do explain how giving Guards a silly new title has somehow affected the company's ability to dispense with those who are supposedly substandard? Does a lower level of employment law apply when you are downgraded to a silly non-job? And indeed why would somebody be less inclined to "skulk about in cabs" because their badge says 'OBS' rather than when it said something meaningful - you do realise they are mostly the same people? And "much nicer people than some guards", what on earth...

Just spouting the GTR book of fanboy nonsense from both ends as usual. Ordinarily I'd ignore blatant trolling, most of us would. But it really isn't trolling in this case, is it!

Domh245

Established Member
Do explain how giving Guards a silly new title has somehow affected the company's ability to dispense with those who are supposedly substandard? Does a lower level of employment law apply when you are downgraded to a silly non-job?

Because it takes far less time (and money) to train an OBS than a guard, so when you fire an OBS you aren't loosing months of training but weeks, and you can source the replacement far quicker.

BestWestern

Established Member
Because it takes far less time (and money) to train an OBS than a guard, so when you fire an OBS you aren't loosing months of training but weeks, and you can source the replacement far quicker.

Do GTR management now have some sort of interest in what the OBS actually do, and an associated performance criteria? Serious question, it seemed very much not to be the case when the whole nonsense first began.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Do GTR management now have some sort of interest in what the OBS actually do, and an associated performance criteria? Serious question, it seemed very much not to be the case when the whole nonsense first began.

Only nonsense if you have been blinkered throughout.
From what I know, Southern has been far more positive about an on-going role for the new OBS all along (despite what you wish to believe). They have clearly recruited many highly suitable 'customer friendly' new staff - as evidenced by the positive comments made. Things appear to be going well, as I'm sure you will (reluctantly) agree.

BestWestern

Established Member
Only nonsense if you have been blinkered throughout.
From what I know, Southern has been far more positive about an on-going role for the new OBS all along (despite what you wish to believe). They have clearly recruited many highly suitable 'customer friendly' new staff - as evidenced by the positive comments made. Things appear to be going well, as I'm sure you will (reluctantly) agree.

A change in attitude perhaps brought about by the grudging realisation that 'project DOO' hasn't worked, we shall see. As I've already made very clear, your opinion differs greatly from mine (and that of most staff, including some who do the job and know a lot more about it than either of us), and I'm not interested in pointless games of pingpong with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.