• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RMT strike referendum passed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Hi I am a train guard I am been told different things regarding the back payment. Will it be 12 months back payment. I have heard reports of 20 months even 22 months back payment.
Thanks again
It'll be backdated to your grade's anniversary date in 2022, which varies by TOC. For most it's 1st April, but CrossCountry's is 28th May, GWR's is 2nd May, Island Line and SWR is 6th October, Southeastern is April or January depending on grade and c2c is 1st July.

Your reps should be able to advise of the correct date.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Krokodil

Established Member
Ao why didn't they settle with the RMT sooner to make ASLEF look bad sooner? Bad in some people eyes.
Because they thought that they could smash all of the unions and portray a Labour vote as a 'vote for strikes'. They were wrong and it became obvious that it was them who were becoming the party of strikes.

ADIRU

Because they thought that they could smash all of the unions and portray a Labour vote as a 'vote for strikes'. They were wrong and it became obvious that it was them who were becoming the party of strikes.
:rolleyes:

Facing Back

any idea of what will happen after the no compulsory redundancies until December 2024 for the RMT?
Personally I haven't got a clue but when I asked a while back about the TOC's history regarding redundancies, nobody could recall a single instance of compulsory ones.

Whilst various members of the forum have a deep distrust of the rail employers I don't see them changing this - they have no reason to do so.

jamieP

March/April 22, as April is usually when the uplifts happen, so it'll be covering from April 2022-current. So 20 months.

Are you sure about that? RDG says "The 2023 pay increase will depend on further negotiations within local train companies on the reforms needed to meet the tough financial challenge the industry still faces, while also improving how we serve our customers. These discussions will take place between February and the end of April 2024" https://www.raildeliverygroup.com/o...MItuKcssH3ggMV7JNQBh0wCwh-EAAYASAAEgLUgPD_BwE

In which case the backpay to start with will not be as much as hoped

GPR

Are you sure about that? RDG says "The 2023 pay increase will depend on further negotiations within local train companies on the reforms needed to meet the tough financial challenge the industry still faces, while also improving how we serve our customers. These discussions will take place between February and the end of April 2024" https://www.raildeliverygroup.com/o...MItuKcssH3ggMV7JNQBh0wCwh-EAAYASAAEgLUgPD_BwE

In which case the backpay to start with will not be as much as hoped
5% is the agreed increase of April 2022. So every hour earned since then would have been 5% more if it was agreed at that moment in time.

The April 2023 wage rise will be discussed between Feb and April 2024 and say it is 5% for example, backpay will then be calculated April 2023 - April 2024 for what each person has worked.

jamieP

5% is the agreed increase of April 2022. So every hour earned since then would have been 5% more if it was agreed at that moment in time.

The April 2023 wage rise will be discussed between Feb and April 2024 and say it is 5% for example, backpay will then be calculated April 2023 - April 2024 for what each person has worked.
Makes sense thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.